Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Respectfully requesting audio related info.

Pharaday

Jan 18, 2016
Hello good sirs and thank you for your time. What a wonderful American day it's been. I donno what part it was ummm, and my dear friend Professor 73 De Edd or, translated to my native peasant tongue, Eddie 73, my most thoughtful responder, hello to you too! I would like, if it's not inconvenient, to request any information regarding the conversion of an eltronical stringed instrument to have seperate outputs for each string so that different sound "FX" could be applied to each. Thank you for your time, gentlemen and/or ladies, and please have a pleasant tomorrow.

Alec_t

Jul 7, 2015
You will presumably need a separate pickup for each string. What pickup(s) is/are currently used? How many strings?

Pharaday

Jan 18, 2016
Well, this is a project I'm considering pursuing depending on HOW possible it would be. You fine fellows have become my first stop for this type of research, and I just wanted to get yalls feelings/feedback.
If I do tackle this one I would prefer to apply it to a six string violin but I feel like it would be very difficult because it uses (I assume, have yet to open the body) piezo pickups. I'd need a pickup that doesn't key off vibrations and I don't think there's room to add different pickups inside. I think I'd be forced to go with guitar or bass, but who knows.
So, this is kinda open ended. I guess my question is this: How would YOU guys do this?

Alec_t

Jul 7, 2015
Tricky with a violin, or other instrument where the body is a sound-box, since adding the pickups coulld adversely affect tonal quality. Presumably not a problem with an electric guitar. Being a cheapskate (not a musician) I'd probably make some home-brew pickups for an electric guitar.