Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Rest in Peace, Kris

chopnhack

Apr 28, 2014
Hello there,
I am Krisbluenz's girlfriend Donna.
I am so sorry I have not mannaged to reply to anyone as I have been feeling very lost as a resalt of my sweet Kris's passing.
He has made a huge impact on so many lives especially myself and my girls and grand child.
My darling Kris passed away on the 27th Febuary due to a heart attack.
He had a massive attack that left him very ill about 7 years ago and due to his deteriateing health he could not hang on any longer.
Kris was the most loving, compasionate man you could ever meet. a rare kind of man who had all the qualities that most woman dream of sharing.
He was an amazing provider, never angered, always had kind words for everyone and so willing to do anythimg for anyone without quetion.
He was a highly educated and well respected and loved by all those who had the honour to meet him.
He loved children and they adrored him with his stories cuddles and teaching them. He always was the one we could count on in so many ways from a heart to heart talk about problems to a liitle cash to treat the kids or a ride for those out late at night.He loved his cats and dogs and really enjoyed spending fun times with them.
He never raised his voice or raised a hand in anger and he was a keen enviromentalist.
He was a perfectionist in literacy. mathmatics , electronics and loved creating and designing anything and everything.
He loved his music and had amazing taste.
His leaving myself and my family has been a terrible tragety and has effected us so very deeply and we are missing him painfully in our hearts.
We have lost a genius in the world and he will never be forgotten.

Donna, I have had Kris on my mind every day, since his passing and wondered what happened to him. Thank you for shedding some light on the mystery of his passing. I can only imagine how hard this has been and continues to be... you are wonderful for taking the time to think of us and for sharing some very personal details. As Hop mentioned, it was a mystery as to why Kris wasn't employed and his health must have been some of the reason. I was amazed at his seemingly endless energy, always active at all hours of the day and night on the forum - sharing what sparks of energy came to him at whatever hour! He truly was a genius. I especially liked that post from FB about MARBLES:

<<
This didn't cease to put a smile on EVERONEs faces who came across this... Kris was VERY organised, amounst all his electronics gear ( 6 tower of plastic 6 draws full!!) found his labeling skills to be the best....

M.A.R.B.L.E.S
Miscellaneous . Accessories . Repairs . Broken . Left-over . Extras . Spares
>>

He has inspired me to continue on my education in electronics and certainly to finish the project he did so much to help me with. I will certainly link a post when it is done as a tribute to him and would love for you to view it when its complete.

Thanks again for thinking of us, his extended family!
-John

kila2000

Sep 27, 2012
I know I'm late to this thread, but I wasn't a regular here and so only just learned of Kris' passing when I came here to seek his help.
I didn't Kris for long but he was a HUGE help to me. Designing a circuit for my project that perfectly suited my needs and then helping this "noob" in an easy going, easy to understand way but at the same time teaching me some of the things I would need should I get more involved in electronics.
My biggest regret is having not kept more in touch with Kris. As I only had one project I was working on I didn't get to spend much time talking with him about his own electronics, but I did know that he had a strong passion to help others, and I'm so very thankful for the help he gave me.
I don't know of his family having not really discussed that with Kris, but my belated condolences go to them. They have lost a son, a brother, a partner and a friend, and we've all lost someone so very kind and willing to help complete strangers.
RIP Kris, you are missed.

Wil

cygnusv

Oct 7, 2014
The project he helped me with had been ongoing for a very long time. He designed a small circuit that I could understand and build. After 10 months all is still well.

All the best to Donna and Kris' family from the United Kingdom, Stu

CDRIVE

Hauling 10' pipe on a Trek Shift3
May 8, 2012
Earlier in this thread I said (paraphrase) that we will undoubtedly have many topics pop up that Kris was deeply involved in. Somewhere down the road these threads will bring a smile to our face but I guess that's going to be a very long way off. Here's the most current posting of another member of the Kris Blue Fan Club

Miss you..
Chris

CDRIVE

May 8, 2012
Adam I don't know how you obtained that image but thank you for sharing it. This thread will continue to pop up and It will continue to hurt. It's a good hurt though. I really don't want Kris to be forgotten.

Chris

SaDanTheMan

Aug 16, 2016
Yes I know this is a bit older but as someone who has just in the past couple days discovered this site, I've found the information and the attention to detail that was commanded by Kris to be a true meaning of someone WANTING TO HELP OTHERS... I never had a conversation with him, but have seen others, and it does seem that this forum has lost someone special.

Dan

CDRIVE

May 8, 2012
Yes, we loved Kris. Not just for his knowledge but moreover for his gentile personality that managed to be apparent even through textual communication. Kris was a true salt of the earth and definitely representative of God's finest work.

Chris

bikemech

Oct 23, 2014
No dont do that, we will get it going. Steve is on the case now , Kris would like to have seen it working. If due to distance and not being there Steve cant get it going, I promise I will. What ever it takes. Even if you have to send it to me.
Adam
Almost finished this now adam, only taken me about 5 years

hevans1944

Hop - AC8NS
Jun 21, 2012
Aw, geez guys... I still have the parts we tried to use on @TenderTendon's Flashlight Project, all except for that damned fancy LED controller. You know, the one that changed modes when the current through it was briefly interrupted... I had intended to purchase one just to see how brief of an interruption of current was needed to NOT cause a change in mode. Adam and I had both worked on the software aspects of the problem, and I believe our "solutions" might have worked if the LED controller (which had a microprocessor of its own) cooperated. Unfortunately we never found out, and I went on to other "problems" which included retiring to a newly purchased home in Florida.

I am still not set up to work on things like that again, but there is always hope. Parts of various types and vintages are packed away in cardboard boxes, and my test equipment (digital multimeter and digital storage oscilloscope and logic probes) is still available and in working order. I just need to convince my wife that it's worth my time, compared to the huge list of projects in my "Honey Dew" jar.

I thought then, and still believe today, that adding a tiny, thin, insulated wire from the positive terminal of the battery in the front end of the flashlight to the circuit board in the other end would have been the best "solution" to the problem of how to maintain power to the MOSFET switching circuit after the LED was turned on. But, I did learn a LOT about how to put a PIC to "sleep" and get it to awaken again to conserve the charge on the energy storage capacitor. I might even have a use for this knowledge someday before I die. Or maybe I will write it up as a tutorial project and post it here if there is any interest. It's not exactly "new," since placing microprocessors (or micro-controllers) in "sleep" mode to conserve power has been used for quite some time now. The "trick" is getting them to "wake up" and continue doing whatever they were going to do before being put to sleep. That turned out to be difficult for the particular PIC we had decided to use, and yet one more reason that I dislike writing (debugging) software.

Ah, well... I hope Kris (wherever he is now) happens upon this thread, and knows we are still thinking about him and trying to honor his memory.

@bikemech: Pete, I see from your recent posts that you didn't bin your 500W stage-line amp repair project. Kris helped start/steer many projects when he was alive, but many were finished without him seeing the results. I am pretty sure he would not have wanted you to give up because he happened to die... @WHONOES is very technically competent to help you, but I will follow your thread from time to time and jump in if I see where I might be of some help.

Last edited:

bikemech

Oct 23, 2014
Aw, geez guys... I still have the parts we tried to use on @TenderTendon's Flashlight Project, all except for that damned fancy LED controller. You know, the one that changed modes when the current through it was briefly interrupted... I had intended to purchase one just to see how brief of an interruption of current was needed to NOT cause a change in mode. Adam and I had both worked on the software aspects of the problem, and I believe our "solutions" might have worked if the LED controller (which had a microprocessor of its own) cooperated. Unfortunately we never found out, and I went on to other "problems" which included retiring to a newly purchased home in Florida.

I am still not set up to work on things like that again, but there is always hope. Parts of various types and vintages are packed away in cardboard boxes, and my test equipment (digital multimeter and digital storage oscilloscope and logic probes) is still available and in working order. I just need to convince my wife that it's worth my time, compared to the huge list of projects in my "Honey Dew" jar.

I thought then, and still believe today, that adding a tiny, thin, insulated wire from the positive terminal of the battery in the front end of the flashlight to the circuit board in the other end would have been the best "solution" to the problem of how to maintain power to the MOSFET switching circuit after the LED was turned on. But, I did learn a LOT about how to put a PIC to "sleep" and get it to awaken again to conserve the charge on the energy storage capacitor. I might even have a use for this knowledge someday before I die. Or maybe I will write it up as a tutorial project and post it here if there is any interest. It's not exactly "new," since placing microprocessors (or micro-controllers) in "sleep" mode to conserve power has been used for quite some time now. The "trick" is getting them to "wake up" and continue doing whatever they were going to do before being put to sleep. That turned out to be difficult for the particular PIC we had decided to use, and yet one more reason that I dislike writing (debugging) software.

Ah, well... I hope Kris (wherever he is now) happens upon this thread, and knows we are still thinking about him and trying to honor his memory.

@bikemech: Pete, I see from your recent posts that you didn't bin your 500W stage-line amp repair project. Kris helped start/steer many projects when he was alive, but many were finished without him seeing the results. I am pretty sure he would not have wanted you to give up because he happened to die... @WHONOES is very technically competent to help you, but I will follow your thread from time to time and jump in if I see where I might be of some help.
Thank you, i admit i made a friend in Kris and completely lost interest after he passed away, his instructions were always clear and informative, i looked forward to his replys and instruction, i have moved this amp from house to house with me and hope someday i will have the knowlage to finish it and go on to repair more , but i do wish Kris was around to see this through with us , thank you for everyones help, i have had this small piece of equipment for a long time now and it would be nice to see it working again, please bear with me if i dont understand some of the abbreviations and ask stupid questions,
Best regards,
Pete

shrtrnd

Jan 15, 2010
Yep, Kris used to get pretty bent-out-of-shape when he gave somebody advice to their questions and they didn't respond to his posts.
Good to see he's still getting his responses.