Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Reversing polarity through signal from mouse switch

Status
Not open for further replies.

CircutScoper

Mar 29, 2022
"Digikey will sell you 1 for $0.21" You forgot shipping. Basically comes out to the amount I gave.

View attachment 56442

"it could be simply connected between the unused NO contact and common terminals of the CCW limit switch."

What "unused" NO contact? What purpose would that have to connect it to something that is unused? What would you connect it with?

" And unless you just plain can't solder,"

Many people don't. Plus soldering makes it harder to reconfigure if needed.

"no heatsink is needed either." Not covering electrical connections is a bad practice/habit to get into. Do you often leave wiring uncovered?

BTW why did you say it twice?
"No heatshrink needed. And unless you just plain can't solder, no heatsink is needed either." Filler?
I imagine the diode will fit in the same box with the relay and ship for the same $5.

Mouthpear

Jul 20, 2020
I imagine the diode will fit in the same box with the relay and ship for the same $5.
Did you know that when you add Items to the cart the shipping often goes up? Your cost now is $30.62 vs 11.99.

ScreenHunter 0122 2022-10-04 19.13.jpg

Did you fix your circuit yet?

Also there is another reason you would want to use a TPDT relay besides it being cheaper, You can't regulate speed using a diode. If you are using a PWM speed controller the latch will drop when the Negative loses connection. That's how they work. The power is cut off at different rates and it is cut off on the negative side. So keeping the latch separate is best.

Also there are are different ways to make this a three pole without even having to use a triple pole relay.

3 SPDT relays
1 DPDT and 1 SPDT

CircutScoper

Mar 29, 2022
Tested all your circuits and none of the three worked (Top are yours). They don't latch and worse they short out. What do you think could be the problem with your circuit?
I think the explanation is obvious. One (or both) of us is inept.

Since we've already seen your circuit can't work, and I've explained why, the most plausible choice of those three possibilities seems pretty clear.

Last edited:

Mouthpear

Jul 20, 2020
I think the explanation is obvious. One (or both) of us is inept.

Since we've already seen your circuit can't work, and I've explained why, the most plausible choice of those three possibilities seems pretty clear.
Yes it is very clear since at every turn I proved you wrong. 1 misplaced a line on a diagram, compared to three useless diagrams that you produced, does definitely show the scales tip a certain way. You had three chances to show good working circuit. While a misplaced line will keep the circuit from operating, it definitely won't short it out either. All three of yours do. So while mine will not damage anything yours does. So if people follow mine nothing will be lost, while if they use yours they can expect losses. Again that seems to be clear which is better.

Not to mention that I actually produced a working circuit, using a diode no less, and I showed it in the simulation.

You kept harping on it being cheaper yet that too I proved you wrong. Of course since you having to buy in bulk goes along with you having to constantly replace parts.

So yeah one inept person is definitely possible here but definitely not both.

BTW "Well, since neither of your limit switches shows any connection to their NC contact, it's simple to see this circuit can never work." stating that there is no connection to a NC, does not explain why it will never work. "Since we've already seen your circuit can't work, and I've explained why", that just says what it says.

Also BTW my diagram, or the actual circuit, can be fixed just by moving the wire from NO to NC. You still haven't show how yours can ever be fixed.

Now saying that, with no NC connection to a permanent negative, the latching circuit will not maintain that connection to negative when the other limit switch makes a connection to negative aka trigger the circuit.

That's what people call an explanation.

There all fixed. Moved the line and all parts were never in any danger of damage. Not to mention that if people had trouble with it, they could have figured it out, since if you figured it out then anyone can. Now let's see how your gets fixed. Looking forward to it.

ScreenHunter 0126 2022-10-05 00.20.jpg

OH and there was no need to get snarky. I merely gave another option. You made a claim and I debuttled.

John Canon

Jun 1, 2022
This is all my fault ... I dragged up a 2 year old thread about reversing switches, and now we have "Battle of the All-Star Epts".

It will be the Adept vs the Inept (so called.)

Last edited:

davenn

Sep 5, 2009
OK I am closing this thread as it's getting abusive

a bunch of posts deleted

Please people, play nice

Status
Not open for further replies.