Maker Pro
Maker Pro

rewiring an emergency light with tubes for LED strips

Hudda

Apr 14, 2017
I have an old emergency tube light running on 6v lead acid rechargeable battery. The tubes are F6 ones. I want to convert it to led emergency light how can I modify the circuit. From where in the circuit diagram can I get the power input for leds. Please explain...

Audioguru

Sep 24, 2016
An F6 tube light is a fluorescent light that uses a high voltage that is completely different to an LED low voltage light.
Learn about LEDs then make a new circuit for them.

Hudda

Apr 14, 2017
Thankyou Audioguru for the reply.
Surely F6 need a high voltage that is why a transformer (my profile pic) sits before these tubes. You know, rectifying or repairing a thing all by yourself always gives a great pleasure. What my idea is that can I some how get a led usable voltage from the primaries of this transformer before it is stepped up... although I am not fully aware of this transformer's primaries, secondaries etc because it has some 7 or so pins....

Audioguru

Sep 24, 2016
You need a power supply or battery that produces enough DC voltage and current for your LED strips.
Most LED strips use 12VDC but you must add up the current for the number of strips that you will use.

Hudda

Apr 14, 2017
I want to salvage the old circuit and that's it. This runs on a 6v 4ah battery. Has charging and auto on function when AC fails. It uses tubes which I want to get rid off. Can I try the primaries of the transformer and after limiting both current and voltage feed that to say few 1watt leds......