Maker Pro
Maker Pro

RF Tx: what is better design by module(tx433) or using trani

sherazi

Mar 8, 2010
RF Tx: what is better design by module(tx433) or using tranisstors?
i want to design a remote control for a device, i have seen most commercial transmitter for 433MHz designed with transistors and the Modules are not used....

i want my remote to have a good battery life as well as range (equal to commercial transmitter provided with gate openers etc) . plz guide me how should i start? with module or transistors?, if transistors plz if u can share the resources it would be great, and if with modules which module would be great to work with, i am going to buy them from china

davenn

Sep 5, 2009
RF Tx: what is better design by module(tx433) or using transistors?
i want to design a remote control for a device, i have seen most commercial transmitter for 433MHz designed with transistors and the Modules are not used....

Thats primarily for higher power and voice comms systems ie. commercial and amateur 2 way radio systems and not usually on 433 MHz as it is designated a low power (usually less than 0.5 Watt in most countries) radio control band

i want my remote to have a good battery life as well as range (equal to commercial transmitter provided with gate openers etc) . plz guide me how should i start? with module or transistors?, if transistors plz if u can share the resources it would be great, and if with modules which module would be great to work with, i am going to buy them from china

if you are doing remote control then the 433MHz TX and RX modules are the way to go. There are many choices, they are all much of a much in their capabilities

Dave

sherazi

Mar 8, 2010
thanks for your quick reply,.. but i have seen CAME, STAGNOLI, and SERAI, all big names in gate automation and all of them use transistors... even non branded remotes are not made up of these modules... i wana design with same range... almost same

so would these modules be good in range for my application of gate opner..

and which modules do you prefer? [need easy to interface and good range ]

(*steve*)

¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd
Jan 21, 2010
How many are you making?

If it's many tens of thousands, then design your own unit from scratch. The expense of the design and testing process will be recovered in a cheaper unit. The components, all relatively expensive in unit quantities will be far cheaper per unit when you buy them by the reel of 3000 to 10,000.

If it's just a couple, then buy a built up module. Unless you can justify the time to design your own, ant the almost certain probability that you'll have to build a handful of prototypes before you get everything right. The cost of the components in unit quantities may even make your custom design more expensive than a pre-built module.

So which is it? You may be especially skilled in RF design, or there may be other factors.