Maker Pro
Maker Pro

RFID Reader and RFID Tag communication.

habibbhutto

Jul 21, 2011
Hi guys,

I am working with RFID devices first time. I don't know how it's detection mechanism works. Can you guys help me and tell me how it works?

I am looking for RFID solution that works as follows:

range = 1m - 5m
detection: When i put tag in the range it detects that tag, and keeps sending the information until tag is there. And stops sending information as soon as I move the tag out from it's range.

The detection mechanism is very very important to me. Because my solution is as follows:
when tag will be in range the system will start operating, and it keeps continue to operate until tag is there. As soon as I move the tag out of it's range system is supposed to stop work.

Thanks,

Habib Ahmed

habibbhutto

Jul 21, 2011
Hi guys,

I am working with RFID devices first time. I don't know how it's detection mechanism works. Can you guys help me and tell me how it works?

I am looking for RFID solution that works as follows:

range = 1m - 5m
detection: When i put tag in the range it detects that tag, and keeps sending the information until tag is there. And stops sending information as soon as I move the tag out from it's range.

The detection mechanism is very very important to me. Because my solution is as follows:
when tag will be in range the system will start operating, and it keeps continue to operate until tag is there. As soon as I move the tag out of it's range system is supposed to stop work.

Thanks,

Habib Ahmed

Also I need to know which category of RFID tags can pass through the metal or plastic materials without having detection problem.

Dear Engineers please help me out....

Thanks,

Habib Ahmed

(*steve*)

¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd
Jan 21, 2010
RFID tags generally work by harvesting power from an RF field then using this to transmit an encoded signal.

There is no magic about what they can work through, it's like radio. Putting them inside a metal box is likely to stop them, but a plastic one probably won't.