Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Rheostat for Kitchen Appliance

Status
Not open for further replies.

beau

Dec 3, 2016
I have a pannini grill which is basically useless because it gets so hot it burns things in seconds.
What kind of rheostat could I get which could dial down it's temperature? I'd much appreciate a brand name (and even model) because I'm not an electronics tinkerer and just a technical description would be beyond me :(
Thanks!
pannini label.png

Minder

Apr 24, 2015
You could use the triac or 'dimmer' style, for 1500w it would be a little to big for the average lamp dimmer, more the power tool type.
But it depends what else is in the appliance as it would control everything unless you intercepted the element.
M.

KMoffett

Jan 21, 2009
Does the light cycle on and off indicating that it is holding temperature?

Ken

Bluejets

Oct 5, 2014
Pilot lamp (if used) cycles on and off as the contacts close and open, yes.

As the descriptions show, the switch does not rely on any feedback from the element.
It simply switches on and off at differing rates depending on how the control is set.
There is a maximum setting in which the control contacts are held fully on.

It is the type of control used in about 90% of electric stoves(cookers).....(flash new electronic type is an exception)

davenn

Sep 5, 2009
What kind of rheostat could I get which could dial down it's temperature? I'd much appreciate a brand name (and even model) because I'm not an electronics tinkerer and just a technical description would be beyond me :(

with an admission like that ... you shouldn't even be considering playing with mains voltages
you could end up electrocuting yourself or some one else
find a qualified electrician in your area that could do the work for you

Thread closed for your safety and our conscience

Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.