Maker Pro
Maker Pro

rice cooker always at "cook mode"

whey

Jul 3, 2015
We have been using this rice cooker for about a year now. It has a warm and cook mode function. The default is that when it is plugged in, the warm mode indicator lights then when you pressed the lever, it switches to cook mode. The problem is, now when we plug it, the cook mode indicator lights even without pressing the lever first. I wonder what could be the problem. Hope you could help me in this. Thanks

Harald Kapp

Nov 17, 2011
Sounds suspiciously like a defect in the "lever" (mechanical or electrical).
Is the lever operable, does it make unusual sounds (or no sound when there should be one)?
Is it a malfunction of the lever/indictaor only or does the cooker perform wrong as well?

whey

Jul 3, 2015
thanks harald for the input!!! when we saw that its already in cook mode even without pressing it, we still pressed the lever and the lever worked just like as the usual (it produce a click sound that means its been connected to the sensor/plunger in the middle of the cooker) and then we removed the pan, what happened was the lever click back to its original position which is a normal thing to happen (as for the lever),,, but the indicator light should also be on the "warm" but instead it remained in the "cook" mode,,, thanks...

Miguel Lopez

Jan 25, 2012
The contacts on the cook switch (operated by the lever) should be welded, due to rust. Remove the bottom cover and take a look there. If I'm right, you should separate the contacts and clean them using sand paper of a little file. Maybe that piece lost its elasticity due to heat and then it should be replaced.

If possible, take a picture and show it to get more ideas.

Minder

Apr 24, 2015
If SS switching it could be the device shorted, triac etc.
Saves using 2 level element.
M.