Maker Pro
Maker Pro

RL Filter for a Grid side converter in a Wind turbine

jmall

Mar 7, 2022
Hello :)

I am trying to calculate the values of the resistance R and the Inductance L for a RL-Filter connected to a Grid side Converter:
Those are the Parameters that I have to find them:
Can anyone help please?

upload_2022-3-7_20-5-3.png

Bluejets

Oct 5, 2014
I would imagine anything connected to the "grid" would need to be certified by the supply authority.

Harald Kapp

Nov 17, 2011
  1. One wouldn't use an RL filter, I suppose. The R will create unnecessary power dissipation.
  2. Anyway, how would you connect the converter, the filter and the grid?
  3. Whatver filter you use, RC, RL, LC, you need to define the filter parameters (not given in your table):
    - filter type
    - cutoff frequency
    - one of either R, L or C to caclulate the other.
  4. Don't ignore @Bluejets 's advice. Messing with a generator connected to the grid can cause you lots of trouble.

jmall

Mar 7, 2022
  1. One wouldn't use an RL filter, I suppose. The R will create unnecessary power dissipation.
  2. Anyway, how would you connect the converter, the filter and the grid?
  3. Whatver filter you use, RC, RL, LC, you need to define the filter parameters (not given in your table):
    - filter type
    - cutoff frequency
    - one of either R, L or C to caclulate the other.
  4. Don't ignore @Bluejets 's advice. Messing with a generator connected to the grid can cause you lots of trouble.

That's my Problem those are all the parameters that I have to define the R and L values. A RL Low Pass filter will be in Series between the Inverter and the Grid should be implemented to eliminate the High Harmonics