Maker Pro
Maker Pro

RLC - Phasor diagram

Integrator741

Jun 16, 2013
Hi everybody,

I got this task from my teacher: "A load takes a current of 20 A at a phase angle of 70(degrees) lagging from a 240V,50Hz supply."
a) Draw the phasor diagram showing the supply voltage V, the supply current I(rl), the phase angle and the power factor.;
-----------------------------------------------

I really need help with the phasor diagram part. Because I have no idea how to start it. Please can somebody just put me on the right track.

Thanks.

davenn

Sep 5, 2009
hi there

so if you are learning this subject at the moment, you must some ideas on where to start
show us what you have figured out so far and you will be guided from there

Surely if your tutor is getting you to do homework on this, it must have already been covered in class ?
What does your course textbook have to say on the subject ?

cheers
Dave

Last edited:

Laplace

Apr 4, 2010
While it is certainly possible to draw two lines with a 70 degree angle between them, is it really a phasor diagram if the units are not the same? One characteristic of a phasor diagram is the ability to add individual phasors to obtain a resultant phasor. How would that be possible if one phasor is voltage and the other is current?

Integrator741

Jun 16, 2013
hi there

so if you are learning this subject at the moment, you must some ideas on where to start
show us what you have figured out so far and you will be guided from there

Surely if your tutor is getting you to do homework on this, it must have already been covered in class ?
What does your course textbook have to say on the subject ?

cheers
Dave

The thing is, I am doing BTEC courses and everything I do is based on independent research.