Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Robo_Pi says Hi!

Robo_Pi

Oct 5, 2015
Hi everyone, my name is James. I go by Robo_Pi because I'm building a robot that uses a Raspberry Pi as its brain.

I haven't build the actual robot yet, and I'm hoping to build something similar to what's pictured in my avatar as my first robot. Only mine will most likely have wheels instead of tracks. But in the early going it will just be a small buggy that runs around on the floor learning how to navigate through my home. Eventually I hope to add arms etc. But for now, I just need to get something that actually moves and can find its way around the house.

I program in C# on a Windows Notebook computer that I use as the "Overseer" to give instructions to the robot and get information back from the robot. The Overseer computer communicates with the robot via WiFi and a Raspberry Pi.

On the robot I program using Python and Geany as the IDE. I have actually done quite a bit of programming on both the Notebook and the Raspberry Pi. I just don't yet have the physical robot built yet. But when it's built the Raspberry Pi will be ready to just put in place.

I also use Arduino boards which will also be on the robot and connected to the Raspberry Pi. And I have some small FPGA boards that I'll be using on the robot as well.

In fact, I do have a question about this forum. Where would I post questions about FPGA programming? The closest forum I see is Microcontrollers, Programming, and IoT. But FPGAs are really quite different from any of that.

Thanks.

Harald Kapp

Nov 17, 2011
Welcome to EP.

We're looking forward to your posts.

Harald

K9WG

Mar 8, 2018
Welcome!

Sounds like a fascinating project. Please post more when you complete it.

Richard - K9WG