Maker Pro

Robot Sumo Project - PICAXE

Sumo Robot, complete with schematics and code

Supercap2F

Mar 22, 2014
Supercap2F submitted a new Showcase Item:

Robot Sumo Project

Hey Everyone!

This is my 1.5-2 year project that I have referenced to a couple times. I thought I would start a project log, since I'm kind of proud of it. Unfortunately I'm almost done with it, so this may be a rather short thread. Here it is still in construction:

I will upload some more photos later.

----------------------------------------------------

Some more photos:

The main boards with the ICs not on yet:

Yesterday I did some more work on it and got the front IR sensors mounted.

Did some more work on it the other day. Got the side IR sensors mounted. And a lot of wires hooked up. I hope to get the back IR sensors hooked up today. The Front:

The side with the sensors distance adjust pots:

My work space (kind of messy):

Well I got a lot more done today then I thought I would! :) I mounted the back sensors, and hooked up just about everything I could before I mount the main boards. I got the tires glued on to.

Well I just finished it. Got everything hooked up and the battery mounted. Then I flipped it on and IT DIDN'T WORK!!!!!!! :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad: It didn't even try to work. Nothing turned on at all. And also the battery are getting kind of hot.

I guess I have got a long day of trouble shooting tomorrow.:(

Update #1: YAY!!:) I just tested one of the main boards and the + and - terminals are a dead short! That explains why the battery was getting hot and why nothing worked. I just hope thats all thats wrong with it. I will find out tomorrow!

Update #2: Well I got it kind of working. The problem was I did not have the microcontroller hooked up to each other. And there was a small piece of wire stuck between two capacitor pins. Right now it turns in circles and some of the edge sensors don't work. Hopefully that will be an easy fix.:confused::confused:

YAY!!:) I just...

Read more about this showcase item here...

Attachments

• RBS__2_09_13_2014-S.sch.zip
    118.6 KB · Views: 183
Last edited: