Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Ryobi battery pack

R

Roger

Jan 1, 1970
I have a 7.2 volt battery which appeared to have died. By repeated charging and discharging I have got it back to 6.97 volts. Can I expect anything better? Any tips on reviving dead batteries?

P

Phil Allison

Jan 1, 1970
"Roger"
I have a 7.2 volt battery which appeared to have died. By repeated
charging and discharging I have got it back to 6.97 volts. Can I expect
anything better? Any tips on reviving dead batteries?

** FFS Google it - you PITA troll.

T

Tom Biasi

Jan 1, 1970
I have a 7.2 volt battery which appeared to have died. By repeated charging and discharging I have got it back to 6.97 volts. Can I expect anything better? Any tips on reviving dead batteries?
I suspect you are talking about a NiCad. They get finicky sometimes. Can
you expect anything better? You can expect anything you like. Do a
search for things that happen to NiCads as Phil suggested.

you can buy a bunch of nicad batteries and battery holders, properly solderthe battery holder leads, and connect to the device, you just need to use the right number of cells / batteries and use thick enough wires to carry enough current for the device to properly work. Not that hard - you could try it. If it wasn't for the total cost of this (I am contemplating trying this or something at home here with my favorite rechargeable power drill thathas at least 24 clutch settings but the power pack is currently (no pun intended) dead which is why I might do it. I investigated making a power supply that runs off of ac mains by supplying a base voltage and current and fine tuning the supply with a proper wattage rated otherwise throwaway devicein series to drop the voltage enough to be the proper voltage, but alas, this is expensive too (I considered transformers and voltage regulators but the regulators don't allow enough current) and in the end it might be cheaper to buy a new device but in my case the device (24+ clutch settings for the drill / driver) is no longer attainable. I might try batteries plus and have them rebuild the original if they can do it cheap enough. Good luck all and later!

A

amdx

Jan 1, 1970
It's dead. The best that you can do is to take it apart and replace the
cells.

If you're in the US, you may want to check Batteries Plus -- they have
stuff like that, and I've seen offers to replace packs. I can't
guarantee that they'll do it, but it's something you can try.

I had two Dewalt battery packs rebuilt in 09, still working fine.
MTO Battery. Nice service.
http://www.mtobattery.com/store/page22.html

Mikek