Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Samsung 2017 Smartfridge component missing

roughshawd

Jul 13, 2020
I want to build this old free fridge into a smart kegger fridge. It has 4 doors, and is perfect for what I want. It was free, and when I opened the back it has 3 circuit boards, and two protruding wires that must have connected to something. Trouble is, I don't know what it is.... a smart module? A timer board? A closed circuit cellular link? dunno. Anyway, I was wondering if there are any smart fridge techs in here that could look up what I need and let me know where I can get it? Fridge is a Samsung RF28K9380SR/00. The component is located inside the big box on the left backsid eof the fridge and should be in an acceptor clip in the box on the upper left corner of the box just below a wiring harness. There are 2 connectors, one has four pins, yellow blue gray and pink the other has 2 pins 2 skyblue and 2 purple wires. I could really use a wiring diagram also.

roughshawd

Jul 13, 2020
yeah... well those phones with cameras are called smart phones, and mine is starting to act like my smart fridge...(needs things someone is hoarding for themselves)... yur not a hoareder err ya??? didn't think so!

When my phone cam starts working again there will be photos... ok! until then you will need to study your reader...
[mod edit: changed from all capitals to lowercase]

Last edited by a moderator:

roughshawd

Jul 13, 2020
Are there wiring diagrams in the service manuals for these or are they like the 1980's "thats extra" terminators?

Externet

Aug 24, 2009
Most appliances have their schematic attached somewhere in the back. Spare part vendors publish them too. Youtube may show something also.