Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Samsung LED TV UN39FH5000F screen issues

Apprentice1000

Nov 21, 2015
Hello,
I'm looking for some helpful guidance in discerning the underlying issue(s) with my TV. I purchased my Samsung UN39FH5000F LEDTV in July 2014. Beginning in August 2015 (after the warranty), the screen began to occasionally malfunction in one of following three scenarios (see attached image for visuals).

Scenario 1) The screen will immediately cut to a black and white checkerboard.
Scenario 2) The screen will quickly transition to randomly colored vertical lines.
Scenario 3) The screen will transition to all black.

Samsung Issues UN39FH5000F.png

Here are some additional details that may prove helpful:
– The TV has never stopped playing sound.
– If I turn the TV off and on, the screen will go back to normal.
– The first scenario occurs most often and the second & third is more sporadic.
– I'll have little to no problems for the first two hours of the day and it'll increasingly occur after the first occurrence.

After reading around on some forums, I'm wondering if the issue is a failed (failing) T-CON board. What do you think? Is there anything else I could or should check before ordering a replacement board?

I am in the beginning stages of learning about electronics so any help is warmly and greatly appreciated!

All the best.

dorke

Jun 20, 2015
Sound like it is a worming related problem.
It could be the T-con or the Main-board or the flat connectors, even the PS-board.
The TV should have a "self test mode" to help you troubleshot(need manual to find out how about the service menu ).
How skilled are you in electronics repair ?

Apprentice1000

Nov 21, 2015
Okay, I'll try to do the self diagnosis test when it is acting up.

The first step in the self diagnosis self test picture test is color bars. Selecting no issues results with the test concluding. Selecting yes, I get "contact the call center for assistance."

You asked about my skill. Well, I have no real experience (yet). I've fixed a broken iphone screen, but that wasn't particularly challenging and I'm not sure I'd call it skill.

I'm at least not afraid to break it further if I mess up during the repair.

dorke

Jun 20, 2015
You don't need to break anything...;)
Start with the Samsung remote Support ,it may be very helpful.
You can also contact them via e-mail the details are on the same page.
If needed ,come back here as well.