Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Samsung smart tv black screen of death

Zhicho

Dec 13, 2022
Please assist, my tv displays black screen of death after I accidentally turned on a feature in the service menu. I can't get back to the service menu to perform hard reset as the tv wont go to standby mode for me to input the service menu code

willsonwanda

Dec 13, 2022
You can normally resolve this by unplugging the TV, waiting 30 seconds, and plugging it back in. Next, update your firmware – but ensure your TV is connected to your Wi-Fi.

hevans1944

Hop - AC8NS
Jun 21, 2012
Our Sony Bravia oled flat-screen "smart" TV in the living room sometimes refuses to stream Amazon Prime video, while at the same time allowing streaming of other "channels" such as YouTube or Disney+ over our broadband Internet connection. Resetting our wireless router, either by unplugging it for awhile or pressing its reset button has no effect. I have to hold down the "power on/off" button on the remote control for several seconds until a popup message asks if I want to reset the TV. Answering "yes" always solves the problem, but I sure would like to know what causes the problem and why it only occurs when trying to stream Amazon Prime video. I did notice that Amazon Prime does not like streaming simultaneously to the living room TV and the Samsung bedroom TV, so perhaps the problem lies with Amazon and not my TV.

Not sure if this "smart" TV, which is always powered (plugged into a convenience outlet) and also connected to the Internet via our wireless router, has ever automatically updated its firmware like our iPhones do. I will check "real soon now" for the latest software updates... Oops! WinDoze wants me to re-boot this laptop (and close ten windows) because it downloaded and installed an update a few days ago... I did, however, manage to reset all of our clocks (coffee maker, microwave oven, and kitchen range) except for the clock radio in our bedroom, after changing over from Daylight Savings Time. Managed to reset my Citizen watch, too.

So exciting to be living in the 21st Century!

Last edited:

RachelGomez161999

Nov 2, 2022
We'll go through them below.

Connect An External Monitor. One way to fix the black screen issue with a Samsung smart TV would be to use an external monitor.
Use Another Source Device. Another solution would be to use another source device.
Check Your Antenna Connection.
Reset the TV.

Regards,
Rachel Gomez