Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Sangamo Immersion timer replacement?

Deputy Dawg

Aug 26, 2016
Hi , not been in here for a bit ! Hello again !!!

I have to replace an 25 yr old Sangamo timer on an old Loheat immersion /boiler .
There are 2 boilers in the dairy , and the other has the Timeguard plastic clock timer /switch .and so ,that's what I am replacing the Sangamo with !!!
But the wiring setup from the Sangamo has me puzzled as to what to do with the neutral?
The Sangamo has 2 lives , in on the left ,and to the immersion on the right !
The neutral then is routed to the on off , master switch and linked in to the SAME post as the neutral from the immersion ! Makes sense ! (Earth of course there on the side of Sag/o )
But the Timeguard has live in on extreme left , neutral in second left ,earth central , neutral out second right ,and live to immersion, on the outside right .
Hhhm , do I need to do any alterstion of the neutral to accomodate the new one ?
Cant make my mind up ??!!!

Deputy Dawg

Aug 26, 2016
Its ok Folks. Its wired to a proper double pole switch , so I have put the live and neutral on the in side of the new timer and just the live on the immersion side ,to the other live pole . No neutral that side to anything as such . Should work as it had before !