Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Sansui G7500 cuts out

Ezyrider

Jun 30, 2018
I purchased this receiver new in 1979. I have had a continual problem of a speaker channel cutting in and out. The display light on the right side of the panel goes out as well. I have taken it to a shop about three times and it really never gets fixed. Doesn't stay fixed for any length of time. I notice if I move the Input Selector (Phono 1, Phono 2, Tape, etc.) it will bring in both channels for a while. Very frustrating. Any ideas?

Ezyrider

Jun 30, 2018
Also, when I press the mode button to Mono, (from Stereo), both channels work fine.

davenn

Sep 5, 2009
I have had a continual problem of a speaker channel cutting in and out. The display light on the right side of the panel goes out as well.

sounds like a possible PSU fault for that channel

I notice if I move the Input Selector (Phono 1, Phono 2, Tape, etc.) it will bring in both channels for a while.

but that infers possible dirty contacts on that switch

Also, when I press the mode button to Mono, (from Stereo), both channels work fine.

and that makes it hint at one or both above problems (specifically PSU and switch relating to pre-amp stages

I have taken it to a shop about three times and it really never gets fixed.

have they ever given a service report saying what they fixed ? … they should have

you are going to have to get a schematic for the unit, fault finding without one will be somewhere between difficult and impossible
unless it is something as simple as switch contacts … but I don't think it is, as that wouldn't stop power to that channel display

Dave