Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Scanning PCB schematics from magazines

mal007

Jul 8, 2011
Hi Folks, don't know if this is the right area to post. Basically i've got a PCB layout (schematic) in a magazine that i'm wanting to convert into a proper PCB. However, below the layout there is some text saying that the PCB layout is at 90%, i.e. it had to be reduced in size in order to fit on the page presumably. Any ideas on what would be the best way to scan this from the page and convert it to proper PCB. What dpi would be best? How do i increase the PCB to 100%? What art program is best for doing this? Any help would be gratefully received. Cheers

TBennettcc

Dec 4, 2010
If you scanned it large enough (i.e., at a high enough dpi) you could do it with Microsoft Paint or Adobe Photoshop.

...so is it a PCB layout, or a schematic?

What you might want to try is a program called EAGLE CAD. Re-create the schematic AND the PCB layout in EAGLE CAD. Then export the Gerber files to any PCB manufacturer of your choosing.

donkey

Feb 26, 2011
same question as previous, is it pcb layout or a schematic, as these two thing are ifferent.
if my maths is accurate (its usually close) then enlarging the diagram by 11% will bring it to 99% of the original size. unless your copier does decimals then a straight conversion will be difficult.

poor mystic

Apr 8, 2011
I'd fix it up with Gimp, which is a freeware graphics manipulation package. There's a steep learning curve with it though (as with all computer graphics) so I'm not sure what to suggest.
You could try uploading the image to this thread and see what happens...