Maker Pro

SDG2042X Siglent arbritrary wave generator issue with screen brightness

xpsion

Sep 8, 2022
Hello there,

Is there anybody who is using this function generator or another of the
SDG2000X or SDG1000 series?

I struggle with a stupid issue:
A few years ago I set the display brightness below its default using a special soft key combination en rotary knob
But I don’t remeber it anymore:
- its not in the manual
- not on eevblog thread
- reset to default does not affect the
brightness

Back in 2017, someone posted this key combination somewhere on i-net in a forum but I can’t find anything back.

Thanks for any help on this

Alex

Martaine2005

May 12, 2015
Have you tried this:

SIGLENT

To Adjust Grid Brightness​

Do the following steps to adjust the grid brightness:
1. Press the Display button on the front panel to enter the DISPLAY function menu.
2. Press the Next Page softkey to go to the second page of the Display function menu.
3. Press the Brightness softkey; and then turn the Universal Knob to select the desired
value. The default value is 40%, and the range is from 0% to 100%.

Martin

xpsion

Sep 8, 2022
Have you tried this:

SIGLENT

To Adjust Grid Brightness​

Do the following steps to adjust the grid brightness:
1. Press the Display button on the front panel to enter the DISPLAY function menu.
2. Press the Next Page softkey to go to the second page of the Display function menu.
3. Press the Brightness softkey; and then turn the Universal Knob to select the desired
value. The default value is 40%, and the range is from 0% to 100%.

Martin
Hi Martin,
It does not work that way: your procedure is for scopes, this is a wave generator
It does not have such menu

Even the current Siglent engineers don’t know about it, as it is an undocumented option…. (Unbelievable)
I think i have to draw out all possible key combinations and test all….. that will be a few thousand

Attachments

• Siglent SDG2042X functiegenerator.png
    Siglent SDG2042X functiegenerator.png
    582.6 KB · Views: 3

Martaine2005

May 12, 2015
It was certainly worth a try.
I see that you’re asking in all the right places. I’ve pretty much lucked out with an intensive search.
Did you do a factory reset from within the ‘help’ screen?. If that didn’t work, you’ve certainly got your work cut out.
Try and remember what search terms led you to discover this hack. I’m pretty sure it will be about the bandwidth upgrade hack. Also on EEV, there are pages and pages with forum members giving links to other pages and websites. You might have to patiently go through them all. Sorry I can’t help any further.

Martin

xpsion

Sep 8, 2022
Hi Martin
i ‘ve asked on 6 diferent forums worldwide
Even trying on a pure Chinese one but that seems most be non indexed by search engines
- i did the software factory reset
- I dis the hardware factory reset ( the one that also resets the nr. Of bootups of the generator)

In that time. Is has been somewhere between christmass 2016 and may 2017 that I found it.
The pitty is that the chrome history of that time is gone.

The thing I clearly remember is that it was somehow difficult to enter it, as you need to press multiple keys at once…
Its something you can’t sweep through wirh a virtual key loop using a phython script.

But your remark on what I remeber how I came to it is an interesting one.
At 17/12/2016 i saved a youtube video on the 120Mhz hack .
But i Got the unit in de last week of 2016, right before Christmas
So i did some research in advance on the unit’s capabilities but for such thing as brightness, one expects a setting so I should have done this after I started to use it.
You are right about the point that It was something I found by following links from another thread, as it could not be found by looking foor SDG20142X
I think it was linked to the SDG1062X or Another SD1000X series version.
But both of them share a lot of common hardware, sureley the whole display/key panel.

Well I’m 100% sure that it is somewhere, but with searching…. Google and all others they index maybe 4% of available data on the net. I even started using Tor browser with ducktogo.. sofar nothing

It is somthing with both the arrow keys….. you need to hold the unit firmley else you push it backwards so it are a few keys at once …..