Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Searching for a 30A 36-42V DC (Emergency) switch.

bionade24

Apr 23, 2020
Hello,
I'm not sure if I'm right here, but I'm desperately search any switch for my project that is capable of 30A and 42V. All emergency switches I've found are only for lower currents, all RC toy switches are only for lower voltages. Is there some product you could suggest me?
btw: I'm from Germany, so at least a EU store would be nice. Aliexpress is fine, too.

bertus

Nov 8, 2019
Hello,

The switches I have seen won't go higher as 20 A.
When you want to switch higher currents, use a smaller switch with a power contactor (relay).

Bertus

Minder

Apr 24, 2015
Agree on the contactor, there are special relays to switch high current DC, they must have arc quench/blow-out of some kind.
Otherwise a Plasma arc can occur.
M.

hevans1944

Hop - AC8NS
Jun 21, 2012
Good advice @Minder and @bertus. Plus, most DC contacts are NOT rated for switching inductive loads. A 10H inductor will draw a nice fat, hissing, DC arc with just a few amperes of current applied. That is NOT what you want to happen inside your switch or contactor.

Minder

Apr 24, 2015
The arc, once struck can sustain itself once the air is ionized, I have witnessed the after effect of this where the adjacent aluminum panel had a hole burnt in it.!
M.

Harald Kapp

Nov 17, 2011
A solid state relay can do the job, e.g. this one. The advantage of a solid state relay is that there is no arcing.
Mechanical relays up to 200 A are e.g. here.
Relays specified for use with solar installations are also a good source.

But probably you are searching for a direct emergency switch (Notausschalter) without any intermediate relay or contactor? Most of these switches are not meant to directly control the load current but use intermediate relays or contactors. This allows multiple switches located in different parts of the work area to control the same (possibly dangerous) appliance or load.
For directly controlling a high load I found this 32 A switch,but only for 24 V (DC) :(

Mouthpear

Jul 20, 2020
Hello,
I'm not sure if I'm right here, but I'm desperately search any switch for my project that is capable of 30A and 42V. All emergency switches I've found are only for lower currents, all RC toy switches are only for lower voltages. Is there some product you could suggest me?
btw: I'm from Germany, so at least a EU store would be nice. Aliexpress is fine, too.
Switch relay combo.