Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Security camera problem

Bluejets

Oct 5, 2014
Have a couple of new security cameras I bought off Ebay (only cheapies) thought I might be able to use on my existing system.
However, the output, although bnc connector, and I assumed would be analog and ok, comes up with oblique lines.
Assuming something to do with different output type than normal for Australia.
Looked up on youtube and most seem to refer to simply plugging the bnc output into a tv av-in to test.

Wondered if any of the "security" blokes would have any pointers as to just what is different.

Attachments

• IMG_9290.jpg
    IMG_9290.jpg
    166 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_9289.jpg
    IMG_9289.jpg
    194.1 KB · Views: 8

Tha fios agaibh

Aug 11, 2014
Yes, Your camera is probably NTSC format while your TV is PAL format. Different amounts of scan lines and frames rates between the two.

The manual for your TV should confirm what video standards it will accept.

An inexpensive NTSC to PAL converter may be an option for you.

Tha fios agaibh

Aug 11, 2014
Idk, I'd ask the ebay seller. They are motivated to resolve problems so you leave them a positive review.
There's a chance that there's a problem with the cameras.
From my understanding even if it doesn't recognize the NTSC format, it still shows a fuzzy black&white picture.

Bluejets

Oct 5, 2014
Easier flying to the moon than get any help from China. To begin with there is still the dreaded Chinglish .....:rolleyes:
Guess I'l just forget it and bin them, not worth the effort.

From my understanding even if it doesn't recognize the NTSC format, it still shows a fuzzy black&white picture.

Yes, well it does on my "supposed" PAL tv ( as in my first post pic) but on the lcd monitor used for FPV and supposedly supporting either through auto switching, there is nothing.
No worries, thanks for the helping hand.
Cheers Jorgo