Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Security light proximity sensor fault ideas

cygnusv

Oct 7, 2014
Just bought a 20 watt security light. I'm in the UK and thought the supplier was in this country too. I fitted the lamp but the sensitivity wheel does nothing. The light only activates when my hand passes less than 100mm from the sensor.
When I requested a refund or new unit I realised that even tho return address was UK my reply came from hong Kong. Best they will offer is 80% of purchase price and we keep the faulty unit.
Is it worth the hassle?
I'm thinking that I can connect a pir and bypass the sens wheel on the light. Is this practical? Any thoughts most welcome. Stu

amirrr_22

Sep 28, 2017
I would say take the 80% because that means that you practically have a free unit.

With regards to the sensor, I am unable to directly answer your question, however, earlier today, I connected a security light to a switch and I wanted to bypass the sensor so that it stayed on when it was switched on. I was able to do this easily and only required some minor adjustment within the unit. That means that if you wanted to fit an external sensor, it will be very easy to do and most security lights have just a single bolt holding the sensor to the unit so replacing it would be no hassle.

I hope this advice helped and if you do need any help with the wiring, I am more than happy to help. I also live in the UK so there won't be any confusion when discussing the wiring.