Maker Pro
Maker Pro

self-walking legs

DarthRevan

Nov 18, 2015
hello, im very interested in electricity and electronics and i would love to be able to build legs i could wear that would walk for me, or help me use less energy when walking and hiking so i can do those things for longer. but idk how to do that, i looked into hydraulics and stuff but i don't understand how i would make my legs go forward without me doing anything, can anyone help?

Martaine2005

May 12, 2015
Hello DarthRaven,
First, you need to win the lottery. Not just any lottery, but the BIG one!!!

Martin

Alec_t

Jul 7, 2015
The mechanism for powered legs would need a LOT of energy to power it. Try doing the maths to see just how much. I envision you having to lug the eqivalent of a couple of car batteries around with you to cover more than a few hundred yards :(.

davenn

Sep 5, 2009
hello, im very interested in electricity and electronics and i would love to be able to build legs i could wear that would walk for me, or help me use less energy when walking and hiking so i can do those things for longer. but idk how to do that, i looked into hydraulics and stuff but i don't understand how i would make my legs go forward without me doing anything, can anyone help?

As Martin said, you need to win the lottery, a really BIG one
the technology involved is very significant and not something the avg person is going to do from home
so you will need to employ some highly skilled technicians, programmers and manufacturing companies

I would strongly suggest you look at some simpler robotics projects first and get some understanding
of the complexities involved

Dave

Martaine2005

May 12, 2015
All terrain!!

2nn2nnk.jpg