Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Send Wireless temperature sensor to Industrial cloud platform through REST API

cardom54

Apr 3, 2018
Hi, I want to use use wireless temperature sensors for in mining area which sense the temperature in atmosphere and send the readings to gateway receiver connected with Raspberry Pi, also I have connected the RPI with WiFi for internet connection.

As I have worked with MQTT as well as IFTTT earlier, can any one suggest any rest API which is easy and secure to connect with cloud platform which works on industrial purpose.

Any suggestion to make it will be a great help.

cardom54

Apr 3, 2018
Hi, Its about underground mining and yes I am aware of Wifi issues that is the main reason I am using these long range battery efficient wireless sensor which will easily creates the mesh network and also strengthen the signal with the help gateway which travels the sensor data with the same signal quality strength.

What I really need to know is about how can I upload the wireless sensor data to any rest API which will further send the data to internet by using WiFi network.

As I am totally new sending the sensor data to internet cloud

Last edited:

CircuitMaster

Dec 17, 2016
I have to check the datasheet for your sensors, to see how they work.
Normally: sensor -> wifi module -> router -> web server -> something in the web server processes them.

cardom54

Apr 3, 2018
Hi,
They provided the product manual - https://ncd.io/long-range-iot-wireless-temperature-humidity-sensor-product-manual/

Actually they are using Xbee S2C pro device which will not be able to connect directly through internet, so I am thinking to connect the gateway receiver with Raspberry pi and receive all the data from the gateway and then send it to web server process.

Could it be possible to receive the data from gateway receiver to raspberry pi serially?

CircuitMaster

Dec 17, 2016
I am not familiar with Raspberry P. If you were using a different WiFi module it would be possible.