Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Sense water presence and engage relay ...

now_emailme

Jul 2, 2021
Hello friends, I need help. Can you please help me with a circuit (without ardiuno etc) that helps for:

1. Senses water presence.
2. If water presence detected engage the relay to operate external load (220v/10A).
3. If water presence not detected disengage the relay to stop the external load (220v/10A).

I know this can be achieved by Float Switch but that's not my choice as in my case I can't place the float switch at the source, which is a narrow (1/2 inch) and deeper (4 meter) tube (only sensor can go inside).

Thanks in advance.

Regards to all community members.

DBingaman

Jun 27, 2021
How full does the 4 Meter tube need to be to activate the relay?

DBingaman

Jun 27, 2021
A pressure switch could be mounted on the end of the 4 meter tube. Now it must be sealed at that end so no air escapes. Now we have a tube that if full of air, as the water fills up around the tube, the pressure switch will sense the increase in air pressure. Specifically at around 0.29 atmosphere the water level would be 3 meters. Assuming you want it turned on at that level that is the pressure switch you are looking for. Otherwise just adjust the pressure switch accordingly. It is a linear relationship of about 0.1 atmosphere per meter.