Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Service information on a Bogen MultiCom 2000 PA System

datajockey

Dec 6, 2018
Hello all
I was called to a site to fix a PA system at a highschool that has a Bogen MultiCom 2000 installed. From the clients reports, the system worked for quite some period of time but now does not (approximately 3 years) They have had onsite building maintenance staff attempt to fix it, as in changing fuses and the like but to no avail.
I have checked a few of the cable runs with an impedance meter and all seem to come back with a 2K ohm reading (haven't checked all as of yet).
All the cards in the modular rack have LED's lit so there is power to the boards. I have changed the console set at the front counter which enabled me to access programming to a certain degree and change date and time. This seems to be maintained. The original set wouldn't allow access and was displaying an incorrect time and date.
I can get dial tone when I lift the handset, but when I input a zone or a room i get get dial tone over the speakers in each room. You can actually hear it throughout the school standing in the hallways.
What am I missing?
Since this is an older system, approximately installed 18 years ago and new at that time, would this be a good time to suggest an upgrade to a newer system with using the existing cabling to reduce the over install cost to the school?
Look forward to input on curing this system problems.
I have access to spare parts, power supply, modular boards and fuses if that helps in the diagnoses.
Regards
Datajockey

73's de Edd

Aug 21, 2015
Sir Datajockey . . . . .

Do you have this info and thereby, the benefit of using it ?
See how far down the flow chart . . . . where the dial tone relates to your current situation.

http://www.bogenedu.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/04/Troubleshoot.pdf

73's de Edd
. . . . . . . . . .

Informative factoid . . . . . ( specifically directed to naive teenage girls . . . . . .)
The only TRUE purpose of having your nipples pierced is to put a chain around your neck to hold them up when you get much . . . much . . . much . . . older.

Last edited: