Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Servicing the Daewoo GB14F7T1

Robert Davis

Mar 2, 2018
Hi There,
Where is the best place to purchase a CRT socket for this particular model? Can faults with VCR Tracking and grey scale colouration
be solved using a Romocon for this model. Where is it possible to obtain a service Romocon?

Robert Davis

Robert Davis

Mar 2, 2018
A Google search using the string "romocon" was not of much help. Is this something specific to Great Britain?

Oh, and welcome to EP, Robert!

Many thanks for your reply to my initial question.

I think that the Romocon is actually a Remocon which had been spelled incorrectly by myself. If you would like to view one of these things, in outline only I am afraid, then it's available on page 9 of the GB14H1T manual which I have managed to access. Unfortunately I haven't had much success with the GB14F7T1 manual. I use the public computers in the library. Which according to the Librarian will not download the manuals no matter how many times I press the extension button.

A GB14F7T1 Manual By Daewoo would be useful I think because I would be able to trace the CRT Socket part number in order to stand some chance of obtaining a replacement from Daewoo. After re soldering all of the dry joints on the CRT panel which has improved the situation tremendously. There is still the slight problem of colour change with pinks and yellows invading the picture. A slight tap on the top of the set sometimes restores the picture.

This more recent trait appears after the set has been on for a while and can correct itself without any interference from myself.

Robert Davis

Mar 2, 2018
Many thanks for your reply to my initial question.

I think that the Romocon is actually a Remocon which had been spelled incorrectly by myself. If you would like to view one of these things, in outline only I am afraid, then it's available on page 9 of the GB14H1T manual which I have managed to access. Unfortunately I haven't had much success with the GB14F7T1 manual. I use the public computers in the library. Which according to the Librarian will not download the manuals no matter how many times I press the extension button.

A GB14F7T1 Manual By Daewoo would be useful I think because I would be able to trace the CRT Socket part number in order to stand some chance of obtaining a replacement from Daewoo. After re soldering all of the dry joints on the CRT panel which has improved the situation tremendously. There is still the slight problem of colour change with pinks and yellows invading the picture. A slight tap on the top of the set sometimes restores the picture.

This more recent trait appears after the set has been on for a while and can correct itself without any interference from myself.

kellys_eye

Jun 25, 2010
Sounds like a 'gun' problem to me - maybe try a tube restoration machine on it?