Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Servo motor used with adruino need no driver?

Minu

Apr 8, 2018
Can i connect a servo motor directly with adruino without having a servo motor driver?
I have a servo motor named "Analog servo V3003". How much dc voltage need to turn ON this servo? Can i use supply and ground pins of adruino uno to turn on this servo?

BobK

Jan 5, 2010
Specs for the servo?

In all likelihood, you cannot supply power to the servo direction through Arduino pins, but you can supply the control signal directly. Power should be connected directly to the power source, unless there is a need to power it on and off from the Arduino, if so, you would need a transistor switch.

Bob

Minu

Apr 8, 2018
My pupose is actually to make a human presence sensing table fan. The fan have to locate the human. I have 3 PIR sensors for detecting the location of human. If i get output from first PIR the fan have to rotate and stay in that position. So it is programmed in adruino. This is the case i have to deal with.
For this purpose need any servo motor driver?

hevans1944

Hop - AC8NS
Jun 21, 2012
Can i connect a servo motor directly with adruino without having a servo motor driver?
I have a servo motor named "Analog servo V3003". How much dc voltage need to turn ON this servo? Can i use supply and ground pins of adruino uno to turn on this servo?
Google is your best friend to find help on this. Visit this Google results page.

In general, yes, you do need a servo motor driver or "shield" for your Arduino. You may have stepped off into the deep end of the swimming pool on this one. You have a lot of studying and research to do before you find your way to a solution. How do you plan to determine where the fan is pointing and how will you use that information to control the servo motor?

Minu

Apr 8, 2018
Actually i have 3 PIR sensors. If the first one senses human motion, that PIR's output will become high for a particular time. So in my adruino code i will continuously check whether any high pulse is coming from PIR 1,2 or 3. If there is a high pulse from PIR 1, the servo motor will rotate to position 1 where the PIR 1 is locating. There will be a predetemined duration of HIGH output to run the dc motor which is connected with the blade. If no pulse is coming out after 10 minutes or so from any of the PIR's, then the dc motor(blade connected to this) will turn off.
Initially i wish to work with a single PIR. it is just use to turn on or off the fan as per human presence. I dont do swing all of a sudden.
Thank you so much for your suggestions. I am studying its detailes.