Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Sharing phone data with stand-alone Bluetooth or Wifi ready monitor

HANKMARS

Jul 28, 2019
I feel like I may be the only guy on the block not to know this, but, are there monitors with built-in Bluetooth. Say a nominally sized computer monitor that will receive and display video data from my phone's Bluetooth comm system. Seems perfectly logical that there are such components. How are they listed? Bluetooth ready monitors? Or maybe wifi would be used to talk and share data from my phone. Perhaps a Bluetooth or wifi adaptor needs purchased and inserted into monitor comm port. I'm seriously in the dark about this.

HANKMARS

Jul 28, 2019
Yes.
Here you go buddy!
Interesting article. I read it and will read it again but if I understood it correctly, I will be required to have a PC as an intermediate control. My aim is to display video that would normally be displayed on my phone's screen without having to use a third device. The video data does not have to be delivered wirelessly. A USB or mini-B port with their respective cable patched in-between phone and monitor is quite acceptable. Thing is, and I haven't begun to investigate, I haven't seen a video out port on a phone. The end vision here involves power conservation while having the benefit of viewing video that can be called up on one's phone. The monitor will be powered by a single 12 volt storage device. As an example, a deep cycle marine lead/acid battery. Unless I find monitors that have this option with an onboard 12 volt power port, it will be necessary to find a location in a monitor's circuitry to patch in the 12 volt supply voltage. I desire the obvious advantage of viewing video on a full sized monitor without the cumbersome accompaniment of computer or energy loss due to low efficiency factors of inverters. I currently use an inexpensive audio amplifier powered by several modes of battery arrays. or a single "lawn tractor" sized lead/acid battery. I don't power up monster size speakers or a sub-woofer but rather moderate size ( ~ 6" mid-range with tweeter) speaker units. This is more than a hobby effort as living off-grid with only solar and wind driven power collection demands conscientious use of stored energy.

Martaine2005

May 12, 2015
Perhaps you could utilise a 12V camper van TV as the monitor. They must make these in ‘smart’ with Bluetooth nowadays?.

Martin

HANKMARS

Jul 28, 2019
Perhaps you could utilise a 12V camper van TV as the monitor. They must make these in ‘smart’ with Bluetooth nowadays?.

Martin
RV salvage may be a good place to shop although it seems that anything related to something with RV in its name is priced as if it were gold plated.

Martaine2005

May 12, 2015
I’m not sure if tapping into a monitors circuitry would work either. There are several different voltages required. Then comes a required inverter and so on.

Martin

Delta Prime

Jul 29, 2020
I know now it is not an obsession you have with lead acid batteries but a necessity.
I believe it may be quite expensive being that you're "off grid" when you begin your research,there is a technique called mirroring where you play the video on your smartphone ( you will need to download an app) it will display the video onto a smart TV using Wi-Fi.
Or research storing videos onto a micro SD memory card and watching these videos from your SD card by inserting them into the SD card slot on your smart TV. Most quality micro SD cards come with adapters. Now I feel horrible for making those comments on your other thread my apologies!

Last edited:

HANKMARS

Jul 28, 2019
I’m not sure if tapping into a monitors circuitry would work either. There are several different voltages required. Then comes a required inverter and so on.

Martin
Agreed, I will do more research but so far many block diagrams show a power section that inverts the AC power to 12 VDC and no other high voltage sections. It's a work in progress.

HANKMARS

Jul 28, 2019
I know now it is not an obsession you have with lead acid batteries but a necessity.
I believe it may be quite expensive being that you're "off grid" when you begin your research,there is a technique called mirroring where you play the video on your smartphone ( you will need to download an app) it will display the video onto a smart TV using Wi-Fi.
Or research storing videos onto a micro SD memory card and watching these videos from your SD card by inserting them into the SD card slot on your smart TV. Most quality micro SD cards come with adapters. Now I feel horrible for making those comments on your other thread my apologies!
Apology accepted. It's no thing. There are a lot of avenues to be explored in this quest. I just hope you don't discover my real obsessions.

Martaine2005

May 12, 2015
Actually, if you get a monitor with a power adapter rather than an IEC mains connector, you might be onto something!.
14V seems to be easy to aquire. So it may work ok on 12V. Or a little DC to DC booster up to 14V.

Martin

HANKMARS

Jul 28, 2019
Actually, if you get a monitor with a power adapter rather than an IEC mains connector, you might be onto something!.
14V seems to be easy to aquire. So it may work ok on 12V. Or a little DC to DC booster up to 14V.

Martin
I will guess that if you have either a battery-operated TV or monitor (if there is such an animal), that the 120 vac ps that came with the unit can be used for both operating the unit and for charging the device's battery pack or discrete cells installed by user. The vac to dc inverter/charger would need a volt or two to overcome the forward potential of the battery ps. I'll be looking to use at least a 19" monitor. The power supply I'm pretty confident, will be an easy adaptation. I have no idea what format a phone uses for its video data transmission and display. What I had to do to use some security cameras whose video out signal was analog, was to purchase a converter that changed the analog signal into a VGA format. A possible solution would be to view the scene displayed on the phone screen, with a security camera and lash up the signal out of the camera to whatever discrete video-in connector is available on the monitor. That is the exact method I use for my current surveillance system. A single camera would be a bearable power expenditure. The few cameras I have disassemble, all had a threaded barrel with which the focal distance could be altered. I do believe I have found my video data transfer method. There will be a slight delay from realtime display to monitor display but I can tolerate that. I'll use my stereo audio amplifier with the signal available at the headphone jack integral to the phone. So now it is time to establish the validity of my theory of 12 volt operation of monitors. Thanks for the nudge.

HANKMARS

Jul 28, 2019
Necessity is a bit stronger word than required. I am currently still living in an area within the service of APS. Things like running water, limitless access to electricity and other creature comforts become luxuries when one forsakes common technology and burros into primitive culture. It is definitely doable and if done correctly can be quite pleasant and comfortable.

Delta Prime

Jul 29, 2020
Well that's a relief. but I still feel like doo doo. if you ever need anything custom I'll see what I can do. And that's no joke.

HANKMARS

Jul 28, 2019
Well that's a relief. but I still feel like doo doo. if you ever need anything custom I'll see what I can do. And that's no joke.
You owe me no reparations and I have no desire to dish out retribution. With the overwhelming numbers of charlatans crawling out from under their rocks, it is difficult to meet conversations of anything unconventional, with optimism. Lines of communication have become congested with shysters and the wanna be "believers." I want to believe but have little confidence in claims of advantageous power manipulation. However, I not only believe but "know" that "free" energy can be harnessed. I also understand the politics of technology suppression. I'm not out to put my name in lights on the world stage, I merely want to enjoy the benefits of creature comforts that currently require conventional power access. Regarding moving off-grid, I have prioritized basic needs. At present, preservation of food, freezing and refrigerating, is paramount. Entertainment and net access are somewhere on page two. Hopefully the sub-terrain will permit me to construct a basement sort of structure, affording me natural coolness in the stifling summer heat. Arizona has a very high percentage of sunny and cloudless days in respect to most other states. I intend to exploit that fact but do not favor most any of the energy storage systems that I have observed. Quite frankly I can't afford the cash layout for what would be designed by the typical alternative energy businesses. Solar panels and wind conversion units are a dime a dozen. My bottleneck is energy storage. If your personal expertise is mathematics ( or a garden variety mathalete ) you could be a valuable asset. Or if you enjoy experimenting in electronics, mechanics and other disciplines, you may be of value as someone to give me reflection regarding my pursuit of unconventional devices. Maybe reign me in if you see me buying a bus ticket to the outer limits. Just a thot for now. My work and business ethics are all quite casual.

Delta Prime

Jul 29, 2020
I was just trying to help.
I am a type of idiot savant. They got the idiot part right. I believe I was dropped on my head as an infant. The nice word is called gifted. I see mathematics or equations as different hues of color.
You're in Arizona I would research Adobe for living quarters, grain storage things of that nature.
Believe it or not research feng shui for air flow it's classical Newtonian physics thermodynamics I can help you out there. Natural resources are sparse in Arizona a lot of vegetables love human excrement. I myself have a beautiful rose garden and vegetable garden made by squat and leave them (yuck! I know!). I'm not talking survival type living I'm talking living life comfortably. Can you read schematics build simple circuits uses soldering iron? If so I can walk you through building ,adapting,most any practical electrical contraption you can think of. I am not retired. So my response if you have any questions maybe delayed.
By the way ever been to Las Vegas
I hear they have great buffets for cheap on the dollar or even for free something called comps an excellent live shows for entertainment. If so tell me about it.
I live vicariously through other people's experiences there. Cuz I'm not allowed to set foot anywhere there is legal gambling.

Last edited:

HANKMARS

Jul 28, 2019
I was just trying to help.
I am a type of idiot savant. They got the idiot part right. I believe I was dropped on my head as an infant. The nice word is called gifted. I see mathematics or equations as different hues of color.
You're in Arizona I would research Adobe for living quarters, grain storage things of that nature.
Believe it or not research feng shui for air flow it's classical Newtonian physics thermodynamics I can help you out there. Natural resources are sparse in Arizona a lot of vegetables love human excrement. I myself have a beautiful rose garden and vegetable garden made by squat and leave them (yuck! I know!). I'm not talking survival type living I'm talking living life comfortably. Can you read schematics build simple circuits uses soldering iron? If so I can walk you through building ,adapting,most any practical electrical contraption you can think of. I am not retired. So my response if you have any questions maybe delayed.
By the way ever been to Las Vegas
I hear they have great buffets for cheap on the dollar or even for free something called comps an excellent live shows for entertainment. If so tell me about it.
I live vicariously through other people's experiences there. Cuz I'm not allowed to set foot anywhere there is legal gambling.
I need some affirmation on my calcs regarding potential energy of a suspended mass. The mass is a metric ton or 1,000,000 grams. I will use PE for potential energy value. Some may use U denoting change in PE. So PE = m ( mass ) X g ( gravity constant ) X h ( height in meters ). PE=mgh. Earth's surface is the floor, the 0 point. Height is 3 meters. 1,000,000 X 9.8 X 3 = 29,400,000 joules. 1 kWh = 3,600,000 joules. 29,400,000 / 3,600,000 = 8.17 kWh. Do you agree with the formula and conversion factors and result? Also, another question related to this problem but not related to the project, is, how can I calculate the instantaneous velocity of a falling body? Given, at the 1 second mark the object will have a velocity of 32 feet per second. At the 2 second mark, velocity will be 64 feet per second. I am asking this question somewhat backwards. The figure I will have as a known, will be height, and I want to calculate the time duration that the object will need to free fall 3 meters. Disregard any air resistance or angular trajectory due to Earth's rotation. I am accomplished in reading electronic schematics and soldering. I had a layover in Vegas some fifty years ago. Played craps for about an hour. Came out a few dollars ahead. That is my only Vegas experience. Comps is short for complimentary.

Delta Prime

Jul 29, 2020
I am asking this question somewhat backwards
I would say you did I believe you made me color blind.
( gravity constant )
Gravity is still a mystery that has eluded even the brightest physicists.
You have just unified the forces of electricity and magnetism. Being that you are in Arizona I would try some SPF 5000. I was seriously going to help you! Thanks for nothing .I'm out of here.

HANKMARS

Jul 28, 2019
I would say you did I believe you made me color blind.

Gravity is still a mystery that has eluded even the brightest physicists.
You have just unified the forces of electricity and magnetism. Being that you are in Arizona I would try some SPF 5000. I was seriously going to help you! Thanks for nothing .I'm out of here.
I'm glad I could make a contribution to your magnificent collection of nothingness.