Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Sharp Cash Register XE-A106 intermittent display and print

I have a Sharp cash register XE-A106. During a lengthy print, about every 5to 10 seconds, the display blanks and the printer pauses for a couple seconds. (If it was alive, it would be like it was pausing to catch it's breath) It does not loose memory and it picks up where it left off. The 6v regulator is steady and the 15.4v drops to just above 15 while printing. I'm guessing this is not the issue. Does anyone know of a common problem like a leaky capacitor or another part that would cause this problem.

I know you can get a new one for around $100 and a repair manual from Sharpfor $25. I hate to put too much into it, but I hate to junk it if it is a minor repair.

Thanks

Bill

I have a Sharp cash register XE-A106. During a lengthy print, about every5 to 10 seconds, the display blanks and the printer pauses for a couple seconds. (If it was alive, it would be like it was pausing to catch it's breath) It does not loose memory and it picks up where it left off. The 6v regulator is steady and the 15.4v drops to just above 15 while printing. I'm guessing this is not the issue. Does anyone know of a common problem like a leaky capacitor or another part that would cause this problem.

I know you can get a new one for around $100 and a repair manual from Sharp for $25. I hate to put too much into it, but I hate to junk it if it is a minor repair.

Thanks

Bill

I though that I would add that it is only about one year old