Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Short pulse generator determined by voltage change

pl_eng

Jul 20, 2021
Okay, so basic idea is that when signal voltage is changing from 0V to 5V and vice versa (from 5V to 0V) its triggering some kind of circuit with external power source to generate 0,5s - 1,0s voltage pulse with a value of 5V and ability to handle around 100mA. Signal voltage change freq. is around 1 voltage change per 8 hours, so it does not have to be very fast ;) I couldn't find any device online, if something like this exists pls let me know, also I have no idea how to design such a circuit. I would appreciate any help.

Im not a native English speaker, so if someone feels hurt by grammar Im sorry:)

Bluejets

Oct 5, 2014
Think you'll have to be a bit more specific on your parameters.

Alec_t

Jul 7, 2015
Welcome to EP!
How fast does the signal rise from 0V-5V and fall from 5V-0V?
Does the 0.5s-1.0s pulse period need to be adjustable, or is that the tolerance of a fixed width pulse?
With your specified time periods the most cost-effective circuit would almost certainly involve use of a small microcontroller. Do you have programming experience and facilities?
Btw, your English is better than that of many native English-speakers :)

pl_eng

Jul 20, 2021
Welcome to EP!
How fast does the signal rise from 0V-5V and fall from 5V-0V?
Does the 0.5s-1.0s pulse period need to be adjustable, or is that the tolerance of a fixed width pulse?
With your specified time periods the most cost-effective circuit would almost certainly involve use of a small microcontroller. Do you have programming experience and facilities?
Btw, your English is better than that of many native English-speakers :)

Thank you for help. I don't have any programming background, but I think I'll try to experiment with some arduino uC I was told they're relatively easy to program, with a lot of tutorials on youtube I think I should handle it. Wish me luck :D