Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Shorted Futaba 2.4Ghz Reciever

Electrolight

Jun 13, 2011
I accidentally shorted my Futaba R606FS 2.4Ghz Reciever and what happened is one Surface Mount Diode popped smoked and opened the circuit. I'm not sure if it protected the electronics or not but I would like to find out by replacing the diode.

All that is written is
10B

It is the top left leftmost diode in this image
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=2991105

Anyone have any idea what it is? Maybe something close?

I'm out of warranty and before anyone says anything, I have spent literally 3 hours searching google before I stumbled upon you guys so I have attempted to "do my homework" lol...

Any help would be appreciated.

Resqueline

Jul 31, 2009
That seems to be a tantalum capacitor, 47uF 10V. It probably blew due to a reversed power supply, not a short-circuit, but it probably became short-circuited.
Try to just remove it first and then test the receiver without it (it's just a power noise decoupler). You can consider yourself lucky if that's the only thing that failed..

Electrolight

Jun 13, 2011
Wow. Thank you so very much. With that information alone I was able to order the part for less than 3$ shipped. I'm not sure if it works because the capacitor blew and opened the circuit. So basically if I plug the battery in correctly it doesn't close the circuit. And I don't want to add wires to power through the capacitor because I'm not sure where they are but 3$ isn't too much to spend to test it out.

Again thank you so very much.

Electrolight

Jun 13, 2011
Wow I reread that and it made no sense. Sorry. But anyways long story short I'll wait till the capacitor shows up and then see if it works. If not I'm back where I was and 3$ isn't too much to gamble.

Thank you again. :)