Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Simple Audio Configuration Not Working?

TylerTauth

Dec 29, 2014
Okay so I'm wanting to live stream my gameplay to twitch.tv my only problem is is that I need two audio outputs to go into one input. Let me explain:

I am using software on my computer to live stream, which picks up the audio coming from my headphones and streams that audio. I need two sources coming through these headphones to stream. The game audio from the Xbox one, and the muisic from the PC. So Ive got my Xbox audio coming from a female 3.5mm audio jack connected to the male end of a 3.5mm male to two 3.5mm female jacks. I've got the male end of the headphones connected to one end off the female jacks, and a male 3.5mm to male 3.5mm aux cord going from the second female jack to the headphone jack on my pc.
-
The Problem: the audio from the Xbox one (the original female 3.5mm) which is connected to the splitter, is cut off and I can only hear the audio from the PC. Why?
-
Additional info: I have two more male 3.5 mm to male 3.5mm aux cords I could use. I have another male to dual female splitter I can use. The headphones I am using are the turtle beach x12.

Thanks!

Gryd3

Jun 25, 2014
Funny enough this is your setup...
I have the same Turtle Beach set, and am patching my Xbox audio into my computer...
The difference however, is that I am using multiple inputs on my computer to do the mixing for me.
My setup:

[Using Realtek HD Audio Manager Settings.]
Make front and rear output devices playback two different audio streams simultaneously
Seperate all input jacks as independant input devices

Audio Out:
Green Front - Bose Desktop Speakers
Green Back - TurtleBeach X12

Audio In:
Pink Back - TurtleBeach X12 (Set as Microphone)
Blue Back - Xbox360
Black back - Generic Input (Used to capture audio from my 3DS or any other 3.5mm source)

Blue and Black inputs are configured to 'Listen to this device' so that any audio into it will be played through the default output device (Which is usually the bose).
When I want to play at night, I open my playback devices, right click my turtlebeach and select 'make default'. All audio is then routed to my headset.
If I want to record, I can record a single input, or I can record from the 'Stereo Mixer' to capture everything.

It is a bad idea to use a splitter to join signals together... as the signal may end up back-feeding into the output of another device.
If this is a requirement for you to use a single input 3.5mm jack, you should make a passive mixer. This will rely on using a resistor on each input to help prevent the signal from backfeeding, but this will slightly decrease the signal strength. (This can be made up usually by turning up your computer sound levels)

Sorry if this does not really help... but your description is hard to imagine the setup...
With this setup, you dictate volume of each input, as well as which output you want it to play through... careful selecting 'listen to this device' with things like a microphone.
(Note. I also use this to watch movies with my kid... I play his movie sound through the speakers, and my game sound through my headphones. I have two monitors, so I can play and watch movies at the same time)