Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Simple DC Motor setup - NEWBIE HELP!!!

sbones

Oct 28, 2018
It is a 12vdc motor, but you need to know the current rating.
For this application a simple linear supply is best, transformer and a bridge rectifier.
No real need for regulation.
SMPS supplies are not the optimum P.S. for a motor application.
M.
So, can't you tell me the specs I need and I can find one that fits it.

(*steve*)

¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd
Jan 21, 2010
I'd go a tumble drier. Have a slightly hidden switch that just turns on the motor.

If anyone comes searching for contraband, a drier is hardly suspicious. And it just might be that you are drying your heat pack -- the sort filled with grain.

Now, if you can just disguise the rest of the Homebrew kit as normal household appliances you're good to go :)

sbones

Oct 28, 2018
I'd go a tumble drier. Have a slightly hidden switch that just turns on the motor.

If anyone comes searching for contraband, a drier is hardly suspicious. And it just might be that you are drying your heat pack -- the sort filled with grain.

Now, if you can just disguise the rest of the Homebrew kit as normal household appliances you're good to go :)
I appreciate your suggestion, I really do. I said I thought of it before too, but that is just not suitable for germinating barely. Not to mention that I have no idea how to re wire that thing to do it. Lastly, it would make one hell of a mess.

sbones

Oct 28, 2018
Sorry, my link was wrong!

Fixed it here:

Final Configuration.

Thanks!
If someone could just tell me what power supply / plug I need for this motor, I will be good to go! I will follow up with pics and post about the project for any one interested. But I'm dead in the water until I get those specs. Thanks!