Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Simple example of double sided PCB design

madakegajya

Oct 11, 2019
I have eagle CAD to Design PCB . I want to design double sided PCB. There are many design on internet but I am looking very basic example to teach myself double sided PCB.

I am not saying to do my work I am just asking help to give me a very simple example of circuit to design double sided PCB.

Thank you!

CommanderLake

Oct 2, 2012
Its quite simple, if something is too difficult to route on one side, use the other side via a via or through hole component.
Don't forget you can put components on the bottom side such as surface mount ceramic capacitors for an IC using vias.

madakegajya

Oct 11, 2019
Its quite simple, if something is too difficult to route on one side, use the other side via a via or through hole component.
Don't forget you can put components on the bottom side such as surface mount ceramic capacitors for an IC using vias.
I have found some example but that are very difficult understand. I have seen some video on you tube. I just want to start with very few components to make double sided PCB

Can you tell me simple circuit so I will try to convert circuit into double sided PCB

Bluejets

Oct 5, 2014
Perhaps take a look at some of the many online pcb manufacturers free software.

Pcbway being one .

Harald Kapp

Nov 17, 2011
Can you tell me simple circuit so I will try to convert circuit into double sided PCB
What exactly is your problem?
- how to use pcb layout software?
- how to make a double sided pcb?

There is no special or explicitly simple circuit for either single sided or double sided pcb layout. You can make a double sided layout from almost any design (provided it is not too complex for 2 layers which means it requires more than 2 layer - that is of no concern here).
You could start with a single resistor connected to two terminals, one connection using the top layer, the other connection using the bottom layer. This I would consider a most simple "design" although it is rather meaningless. A circuit that is also rather simple but at least creates a little effect is an astable multivibrator, e.g. this one (used to be kind of a "hello world" project for aspiring electronics hobbyists). You have crossing connections here which can easily be made using two sides of a pcb (although it wouldn't be strictly required here, but you're looking for an exercise).

madakegajya

Oct 11, 2019
What exactly is your problem?
- how to use pcb layout software?
- how to make a double sided pcb?
I want to know how to make a double sided pcb

There is no special or explicitly simple circuit for either single sided or double sided pcb layout. You can make a double sided layout from almost any design (provided it is not too complex for 2 layers which means it requires more than 2 layer - that is of no concern here).
Okay so I have made double sided PCB please take a look at this PCB

1. PCB Design

PCB.jpg

2. Top Side

Top Side.jpg

3. Bottom side

Bottom side.jpg

4. drill

drills.jpg

Bluejets

Oct 5, 2014
Why would that need to be double sided..?.
One could in fact, simply use some premade veroboard, or simpler even.

Harald Kapp

Nov 17, 2011
Why would that need to be double sided..?.
It doesn't have to. Point is the op wants to get started with double sided pcb design and asked for a simple circuit...
Okay so I have made double sided PCB please take a look at this PCB
I looked at it. Seems o.k., Now increase the level of difficulty with a more complex circuit. In the end the proof lies in the fabricated pcb: does it work or nor?

madakegajya

Oct 11, 2019
I want to use
I looked at it. Seems o.k., Now increase the level of difficulty with a more complex circuit. In the end the proof lies in the fabricated pcb: does it work or nor?
When via is useful. I want to use with simple circuit. How to do experiment with via in PCB design

Harald Kapp

Nov 17, 2011
How to do experiment with via in PCB design
You can make a tryce alternating between both sides of the pcb as often as you like using vias.

In my opinion your approach to double sided pcb design is not very useful. Instead of trying to route a simple circuit on two layers (which is oftne possible on a single layer for simple circuits), find a moderately complex circuit that may even have some use to you and make a layout for it. Then have a pcb made and check whether the final product works as expected.

You may also want to look at publicly available layouts and tutorials like e.g. this one.

Minder

Apr 24, 2015
Have you considered KiCad?
Here is a few simple tutorials to get started on a small double sided board.
#1 Start Project

#2 Assigning a schematic component to a PCB footprint

#3 Silk Screen and Copper pour

#4 Placing mounting srew holes on KiCad PCB.

#5 Create a library that you can use for your own parts in KiCad.

#6 Create a footprint
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aVNMJVaRf6M

#7 Add a Search Part for our new KiCad footprint library.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HrGA6p_MMI8

#8 Prepare Production files.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JKEEl_qfT9s
M.