Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Simple remotecontrol robot

Gryd3

Jun 25, 2014
can i use my old videogame remote to remote control robot ??
Depends... most of the name-brand controllers everyone is familiar with (NES, Sony etc.) use a serial communication protocol which will be very difficult to read without the use of a microprocessor and a bunch of invested time to determine/copy the communication protocol.

One other thing guys,
If at all possible, post schematics, details, etc in the thread. The Google search results are usually very up to date from this site, and it would help any other users looking for something similar to see the materials and items you are looking at and working with.

Screenshots in windows can be accomplished with Alt+PrintScreen for the current window, or WinKey+PrintScreen for the entire screen. Remember that this will simply copy it to the clipboard so you NEED to open an image editing program like MS Paint, and 'paste' first to be able to actually 'save' your screen.

ayush soni

Aug 24, 2014
Depends... most of the name-brand controllers everyone is familiar with (NES, Sony etc.) use a serial communication protocol which will be very difficult to read without the use of a microprocessor and a bunch of invested time to determine/copy the communication protocol.

i think they are not of sony ,NES etc

i will send u a pic of them soon

ayush soni

Aug 24, 2014
100_2179.JPG
100_2180.JPG
100_2178.JPG

Gryd3

Jun 25, 2014
You'd be dealing with serial data from that. Not the easiest thing to work with if you are a beginner unless you want to jump in to microcontrollers first before the robot.

ayush soni

Aug 24, 2014
You'd be dealing with serial data from that. Not the easiest thing to work with if you are a beginner unless you want to jump in to microcontrollers first before the robot.
ohk then leave it
& how to make it without micro processor ?

Gryd3

Jun 25, 2014
ohk then leave it
& how to make it without micro processor ?
It's beyond me to make something with discrete components that can handle serial data... stick to a micro-controller or make your own controller.

ayush soni

Aug 24, 2014
lol

hok but atleast tell me what things i need to make it
i will go to market & but them

Gryd3

Jun 25, 2014
lol

hok but atleast tell me what things i need to make it
i will go to market & but them
For what? A home-made controller, or the components to read the serial data from the controllers you have?
I do not know what you would need to interpret the serial data from your controller if you don't get a micro-controller. If you buy a few buttons, you can make your own controller, but each button will need to be connected to a wire that is sent to the robot.

ayush soni

Aug 24, 2014
lol
i dont even know how to make the robot
so firstly want to know how to make a robot & what things i need

& about the type of robot
it dosent matter much
m just making it for learning
so any type will work for me

& in my school
a student who is 2 year younger then me
make a wireless remote control car (with range 10 meter)
it was amazing :D

Supercap2F

Mar 22, 2014
Have a look at the book "Junk bots, Bug bots and Bots on wheels" by Dave Hrynkiw and Mark W. Tilden. It has complete instructions for making 7 robots. They use scrap parts from old circuit boards etc to make the robots cost just about nothing. I learned a lot of what I know from that book. Also They explain how the robots work, not just how to build them. :)
Dan

ayush soni

Aug 24, 2014
Have a look at the book "Junk bots, Bug bots and Bots on wheels" by Dave Hrynkiw and Mark W. Tilden. It has complete instructions for making 7 robots. They use scrap parts from old circuit boards etc to make the robots cost just about nothing. I learned a lot of what I know from that book. Also They explain how the robots work, not just how to build them. :)
Dan
thxx will read them
but i am busy these days :(
will surely read them after my exams
& guyz new problem :(
my exams r starting after 12 days & my physics teacher want me to make something for inter school competition :(
he want something awesome :(
his expectation is very high :(
dont know what to do
:(
i was thinking about a robot
which can move & grab something
anyone here who can help me in this ??
PS
have to submit project brfore exams
so have only 12 days to make the robot :(
dont have much time :(

Supercap2F

Mar 22, 2014
12 days... That's not much time. First of all, are you supposed to design it yourself? If your not, then have a look around and see if there are any cool robot kits you could build. Where are you located? It would help if you added you location to your profile. Also, what's your budget for the robot? You might be able to make a remote controlled robot, because they make transmitters/receivers circuits already build on a board. But unfortunately, most of the transmitters/receivers boards you will find come from china, so you wouldn't be able to get it in 12 days.
Dan

ayush soni

Aug 24, 2014
m from India
& ya i know 12 days is not much time
also have to give a presentation on it & have to study for exam :(
& i was thinking about a robot who can move with remote & grab things
i want to make it as simple as possible & also cheap

ayush soni

Aug 24, 2014
i need help in a circuit of a robot
which i can move with my remote controller & which can grab things
& which get turn of & off with clap sound
plz make it fast

Supercap2F

Mar 22, 2014
The problem about having it grab stuff would be you would need a lot of parts. You would need some sort of motor feedback sensor so you could tell what position it's in. Or some really well placed limit switches. Most ideas of how to make it grab stuff that come to my mind, aren't very cheep or simple. :confused:

Also, the thing about making robots is, you not only have to work out the electronics side of things, but also mechanical stuff. The last robot I designed took well over 12 days just to plan out.

Unfortunately, I have 100% no idea of how to make a clap on/clap off feature. Maybe someone else does?

If I where you I would be doing a hole lot of googling, to see if anyone else has documented how they made a robot that was really cool but still quite simple. Have a look here, you might see a robot you would like to build. You also might try typing "beam robot" into google images, to get some inspiration.

I hope I didn't discourage you. Maybe some of the other members will have better ideas. :)
Dan

Harald Kapp

Nov 17, 2011
With respect to post #36: You don't give enough information for any detailed help.

Google is your friend.
How to build a remote controlled robot at home.

P.S.: I merged your two threads into this one as it is essentially the same topic. Please do not post twice for the same topic.

Last edited:

ayush soni

Aug 24, 2014
its little funny
but for inspiration i went to my nearest toy store
& i think i found something useful there
i found a small car with a remote (connected with wires to car)
the remote have 2 buttons the red button & black button
the red button make car move forward & black makes car move backward

so i was thinking can i use same thing with my robot ?
i mean one button to make it move forward & other to move backward & other 2 button to open his arm & other to close it so that it can grab things

is this possible ?? & any other ideas ??