Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Simpson Model 260 7M Calibration

kellys_eye

Jun 25, 2010
You need a 'standard' for whatever range it is you want to calibrate. Voltage standards are pretty common these days and even ordinary resistors at close tolerance are available off the shelf. Using these both will give you a standard current too.

KeithKilpatrick

Feb 9, 2023
Quick search didn't take long.
But I'm happy you came here first. And it's free to download.
If you have any other questions please do not hesitate to ask.
Thank you Delta Prime,
I have all of these, but there are no calibration procedures available at this location. Specifically, I cannot zero out my Rx1 range on my meter (brand new batteries installed) and I am looking for some information as to what I need to troubleshoot this condition (I think it might be a resistor out of tollerance or a trim pot adjustment).

kellys_eye

Jun 25, 2010
I cannot zero out my Rx1 range on my meter
Could be the test leads themselves or the mechanical adjustment for the pointer (but this would be apparent at 'no signal' so unlikely).

In many test meters it is necessary to do a mental subtraction to counter the test meter lead resistance - even in 'accurate' digital meters.

Delta Prime

Jul 29, 2020
Thank you Delta Prime
You're very welcome. In addition to the information stated above.
Follow this procedure.
1) Check (Ohmmeter circuit) inside
your unit for defective resistors, there is no adjustment potentiometer inside specifically for RX1 scale.
2) short out the banana jacks with a jumper, On RX1 scale, your test leads have more resistance than one ohm. If your meter zeros with jumper. Then you must subtract the resistance of your test leeds on every measurement you take on RX1 scale.
3)Check battery terminals for corrosion or loose connections because... On RX1 scale Independent of "brand new batteries installed" more current is used (Sourced) than any other scale on your meter.
;)

Last edited:

KeithKilpatrick

Feb 9, 2023
You're very welcome. In addition to the information stated above.
Follow this procedure.
1) Check (Ohmmeter circuit) inside
your unit for defective resistors, there is no adjustment potentiometer inside specifically for RX1 scale.
2) short out the banana jacks with a jumper, On RX1 scale, your test leads have more resistance than one ohm. If your meter zeros with jumper. Then you must subtract the resistance of your test leeds on every measurement you take on RX1 scale.
3)Check battery terminals for corrosion or loose connections because... On RX1 scale Independent of "brand new batteries installed" more current is used (Sourced) than any other scale on your meter.
;)
Thank you again Delta Prime,

I cleaned the battery terminals and the range switches - problem solved!!