Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Single phase motor

Lance0070

Jan 23, 2018
Can anyone tell me how many poles this motor has and where is the main winding?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    374.6 KB · Views: 63

Bluejets

Oct 5, 2014
4 pole.
Run on outer, start inner
At least as far as I can see:)

Lance0070

Jan 23, 2018
The yellow and black wires at the top left run to capacitor and blue red and black run to another, I wanting the motor to spin anti clock wise as you see it in the photo, there’s a panel

Bluejets

Oct 5, 2014
mmmm...should have asked before you hacked it.............

Looks like (in the last photo) incomer should go ....
active to bottom right screw terminal ( yellow cable which leads off to overload)
Neutral to top left screw terminal (appears to be the start/run common)

I guess it goes without saying, earth the frame.( screw right in the centre of the rear frame with the earth symbol)

Reversing I believe interchange 2 red wires.

Others may want to confirm the above though, might pay to wait and see what Minder thinks about it.

Lance0070

Jan 23, 2018
I like **** things up good and proper before I attemp to figure shit out

Lance0070

Jan 23, 2018
Do I interchange the red and black wire with red? Both the red and the black come from the same terminal on the capacitor? The motor is going after I hooked up the way you said just want it to spin the other way

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    221.4 KB · Views: 32

Bluejets

Oct 5, 2014
As far as I can make out, ( as I said above #6) the 2 red wires should be swapped with eachother leaving the black where it is to get reverse.

Bluejets

Oct 5, 2014
Your last photos are different from the ones in post 4 above.
You have taken away the black wire from T2, and fitted an overload wire, other red wire is missing alltogether.

Do you have the wiring of the motor connected as in the last photo in #4 or is the last photo from some other time.
Very confusing.

If you do, then what I said previously is correct going by the label instructions.(interchange 2 red wires)

What the instructions say is, to reverse the motor, take the two wires that come from inside the motor to terminals A1 and T2 and swap them with eachother.

I notice you have fitted one set of wires to the wrong terminals, you cannot just change them willy-nilly.
As I said above, get the wiring the same as in last photo #4 then we can go from there.

Last edited:

Bluejets

Oct 5, 2014
Note:- the diagram on tha back of the wiring cover is the view from the exterior back of the motor, NOT internally.
Also you may or may not have noticed, the way you show the photo of the terminals is upside down.
There is also 2 versions shown , one with use of an overload(your motor) and one without.

Lance0070

Jan 23, 2018
The black wire with yellow plastic cover round it is that same black wire that was under the red

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    348.4 KB · Views: 35
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    237 KB · Views: 32

Bluejets

Oct 5, 2014
Hi Lance, been busy......
Yes, if you know what to look for and you can follow a circuit diagram.

See if I can find a basic one and you can have a try from there.
To begin with, all ends will have to be disconnected from everything so I'd be inclined to do some marking of wires and even perhaps sketch out a quick reference of the layout.

Run winding or main winding will have a resistance maybe 4 to 5 ohms.
Start winding or Auxiliary winding will be perhaps 20 ohms.
Point being, in this particular motor there should be a definite difference with the start being the higher measurement.

When the motor is to run, power is applied to the run winding and the start, with the capacitor in series, is switched into circuit via the centrifugal switch.
When the motor gets up to around 75% full speed, the centrifugal switch switches the start with it's capacitor, out of circuit.
The centrifugal switch resets itself back to the starting position when the motor turns off and speed reduces to around maybe 5%.

Reversing the motor entails swapping EITHER the run winding ends OR the start winding ends so that one of the windings is now connected opposite in relation to the other.

Having said that, it is usually the run winding that is reversed as it is more convienient to do so.

Note that the diagram is representative only. i.e. the four coils of the start and run winding respectively are represented in the schematics as one coil for each for simplicity.

Edit:- also note that any overload unit should go in the main line input. either leg, does not really matter, however it is accepted that switching, such as overload, be done in the active conductor.(top left)

Attachments

• motor.jpg
    motor.jpg
    31.3 KB · Views: 42
Last edited:

Lance0070

Jan 23, 2018
This is what I got

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    129 KB · Views: 42