Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Small signal amplifier problem?

Mymla

May 4, 2015
Can anyone please point me in the right direction in how to work out these problems? Thanks in advance!

1.Calculate the gain for this small signal amplifier.

2.If the collector voltage in a small signal amplifier like this is sitting at 8v, at what peak-to-peak output voltage level will the output start to clip?

3.What is the corresponding peak-to-peak input voltage level that results in the output starting to clip?

4.Without changing the values of any of the existing components in the small signal amplifier in figure 1.1, it is possible to dramatically increase the gain by adding a single additional component. What might this be and where in the circuit would it go?
f5e5f5f6f22a4c36af68e3433744fef6_A.png

LvW

Apr 12, 2014
Mymla - the shown circuit is one of the classical amplifier circuits to be found in nearly each text book.
Answering the listed questions requires some basic knowledge of transistor fundamentals as for example.
What did you learn about transistors and their properties?
Are you familar with the following keywords: Operational DC point, transconductance, gain definition, signal feedback ?.

Mymla

May 4, 2015
I'm not familiar with any of those sorry. I'm trying to teach myself. Thanks for the reply