Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Smartphone interfacing with Audio Amplifier and External Speakers.

Prashant S Akerkar

Mar 30, 2018
Smartphone interfacing with Audio Amplifier and External Speakers.

Interesting project for implementation?

Thanks & Regards,
Prashant S Akerkar

Prashant S Akerkar

Mar 30, 2018
Thanks.

I am planning to implement.

1. Smartphone
2. Purchase Audio Amplifier
3. Purchase External speakers.

Increase the volume using controls on Audio
Amplifier to drive the Speakers output.

Will it be interesting?.

Thanks & Regards,
Prashant S Akerkar

hevans1944

Hop - AC8NS
Jun 21, 2012
...Will it be interesting?.

Thanks & Regards,
Prashant S Akerkar
You bet it will!

I have an iPhone 6 that I inherited from my wife after she upgraded to an iPhone 7 last year. We also have a rather large Yamaha receiver/amplifier and surround-sound Klipsch Quintet speaker system that we purchased to improve the sound quality of our Samsung flat-screen TV. After connecting it all up to the TV and to a Sony Blu-Ray DVD player, using an optical fiber port as well as HDMI ports, I decided to try connecting my iPhone to the Yamaha to listen to music played on the iPhone. Fantastic! I can fill the room with sound to the point that neighbors are likely to complain about it. Or attach high-quality earphones to the Yamaha so as not to disturb anyone.

The only thing I needed to add was a long length of shielded audio stereo cable with appropriate male plugs on each end. One plug goes into an auxiliary input on the Yamaha and the other plug goes into the iPhone. If you want maximum sound volume, you do need to override the volume limitation on the app the iPhone uses because that app assumes that anything plugged into the iPhone headphone jack is a pair of headphones. Apple doesn't want you blowing out your hearing with their ear-buds, but also realizes that people may want to amplify the iPhone audio output and so it does allow you to override the volume limitation.

Prashant S Akerkar

Mar 30, 2018
Thanks.

Smartphone - Cable - Audio Amplifier - Cable - Speaker/s

Increasing the Volume of the External speakers using the controls on the Audio Amplifier.

Am I going in the right direction for project implementation?

Thanks & Regards,
Prashant S Akerkar

hevans1944

Hop - AC8NS
Jun 21, 2012
Thanks.

Smartphone - Cable - Audio Amplifier - Cable - Speaker/s

Increasing the Volume of the External speakers using the controls on the Audio Amplifier.

Am I going in the right direction for project implementation?

Thanks & Regards,
Prashant S Akerkar
Yes.

BobK

Jan 5, 2010
Or, you could go with bluetooth and eliminate the cables, and be able to walk around and use the smartphone while it was also putting out the audio.

Bob

hevans1944

Hop - AC8NS
Jun 21, 2012
Or, you could go with bluetooth and eliminate the cables
Aww! I plan on eventually doing that here at home, but didn't want to confuse the OP, who can add this capability later after he purchases the amplifier and speakers.

BobK

Jan 5, 2010
We have a little Bose bluetooth speaker that travels around the house with us, wherever we want to listen. Surprisingly good sound out of a 6" x 9" or so box. Also used to bring it to the gym, where we practised ballroom dance in their exercise class room when it was not it use. Then the gym closed down, sigh. Useful little device.

Bob