Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Smartphone transmission

Sandesh Bharadwaj

Feb 15, 2016
Is there any way to make a smartphone transmit data through a radio transmitter? My idea is that I can use a radio transmitter in order to transmit live video feed from the smartphone's camera to a display device, instead of using a ccd camera in a quadcopter design. Please give suggestions/advice on how this can be achieved.

Externet

Aug 24, 2009
The smart telephone has a radio transmitter built-in. And there has to be an application as in real time video chat that will be received and displayed on another smart telephone that you have called to previous take-off.

Sandesh Bharadwaj

Feb 15, 2016
The smart telephone has a radio transmitter built-in. And there has to be an application as in real time video chat that will be received and displayed on another smart telephone that you have called to previous take-off.
yeah, but that radio transmitter doesn't have much range does it? I was hoping i could use an external 5.8 ghz transmitter/receiver to do the same.

AnalogKid

Jun 10, 2015
I don't think real-time video chat is peer-to-peer. Both involved phones talk only to their respective cell towers. Thus, the effective range of the phone on the copter is global.

ak

davenn

Sep 5, 2009
yeah, but that radio transmitter doesn't have much range does it? I was hoping i could use an external 5.8 ghz transmitter/receiver to do the same.

that's going to have an even shorter range because if the higher frequency !!

Externet

Aug 24, 2009
Nothing said about peer-to-peer nor receiving the video transmission somewhere standalone else.
Video chat to be received with another smart cell phone via the service provider towers/systems...

Sandesh Bharadwaj

Feb 15, 2016
that's going to have an even shorter range because if the higher frequency !!
if my video tx is powerful enough, it is a possibility right?

Nothing said about peer-to-peer nor receiving the video transmission somewhere standalone else.
Video chat to be received with another smart cell phone via the service provider towers/systems...
Yeah i forgot to mention that. But say I was trying to get video output on a different frequency to an external monitor, would it still be possible using cell radio? Is there any possible way to reprogram the radio tx in the smartphone to operate at a different frequency?