Maker Pro
Maker Pro

solder paste and flux

LazerBeam

Jul 29, 2015
Hello. I have tubes of paste and flux from eBay china. They are small syringe types. How do you dispense those?.
The thumb thing pusher did not come. I try with screwdriver pushing but need 10 hands lmao. I still got none out.
Is there secret trick? I just want totry smt thanx

LazerBeam

Jul 29, 2015
Picture error. I try change it. Thanx

IMG_0059.jpg

[Mod note - resized pic and put inline]

Last edited by a moderator:

(*steve*)

¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd
Jan 21, 2010
Firstly, those are flux, not solder paste.

Secondly, these are designed to be placed inside a mechanical or (more frequently) pneumatic dispenser.

The connection on the end is a standard luer-lock connector, the same as many normal syringes. It is possible to get luer-lock to luer-lock adapters that allow you to connect 2 syringes together. Connected like this you can squeeze out the flux into a standard syringe (preferably a very narrow one). Then you can connect either a blunt needle or a tapered plastic dispenser and dispense small amounts by hand.

Even more easily, you can simply connect a blunt needle to these, squeeze the flux into the blunt needle, then transfer the blunt needle to a syringe and use the air in it to push out the flux.

dave9

Mar 5, 2017
They go in a machine. Without that, people have been 3D printing some, you can search plans for 3D flux dispenser if you have that inclination.

Otherwise, since that seems to be a rosin based flux, I'd empty the contents out by pulling the plunger out of the back or cutting the syringe open, then mix it with alcohol to thin it to use in a squeeze bottle applicator, or to put in another syringe with a proper hand-activated plunger and extended pointed tip whether a needle or just plastic.

LazerBeam

Jul 29, 2015
Thanx. I dont have machine. I will try find lock device. I will probly take out and use normal syringe . My fault for try to buy chep lmao
Thanx