Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Wanted: Solder Reflow Oven/Toaster Machine

Status
Not open for further replies.

gammzy98

Aug 7, 2016
Hello everyone I know this may be a long shot but I am looking for a solder reflow oven/toaster/machine. It can be homemade, as long as it works good. I am from the USA. If anyone has one that is willing to part with please let me know by replying or sending me a private message. Thank you!

(*steve*)

¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd
Jan 21, 2010
There are plenty of kits out there, and done prebuilt options are also available.

Watch out for the cheap Chinese reflow ovens. They're horrible.

Try googling for controleo.

gammzy98

Aug 7, 2016
There are plenty of kits out there, and done prebuilt options are also available.

Thanks for the reply! I did come across controleo and had someone else suggest that to me. Has anyone you know used that? I heard its very good and capable of reflowing boards, which might be exactly what I am looking for.

(*steve*)

¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd
Jan 21, 2010
It's what I use

(*steve*)

¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd
Jan 21, 2010
My oven is very well insulated, has some very powerful additional elements and has a fan to move the hot air around.

I have no problems in maintaining a very good profile everywhere in the oven. The only exception is in the cool down part of the cycle.

Another colleague of mine has a similar controller used for "public electronics" (we have up to 40 people populating surface mount boards one night a month). His oven doesn't follow the profile so well (it is under powered) but there is rarely a problem. If there is, it is far more common for it to be operator error than a problem in the reflow process.

Jomorrow

Oct 28, 2016

I got a Chinese one, it is OK, not so good. Good ones are too expensive! Check ebay, many for sale.

Status
Not open for further replies.