Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Solid State Musical Organ just hissing....

Status
Not open for further replies.

tedstruk

Jan 7, 2012
I was wondering about solid state testing equipment, and scoping boards, when they are out of the circuit...
Most manufacturerers have equipment specifically designed for that.

This is a Gulbransen Equinox 2 musicomputer model 230 that refuses to make any noise other than a hiss that increases and decreases with the volume pedal...
What a grand organ machine this is, it is a rhythm section, full orchestra, vibrato, tremelo, reverb, and a leslie speaker all in a nice two keyboard package !
I don't even know how old it is...

If you know these devices.... then the "Concert chord/Open Harmony" button is the only one that isn't lighting up when I turn it on...

tedstruk

Jan 7, 2012
I have ordered a service manual and will continue my testing when it arrives....
I am assuming the button that isn't working is probably the manufacturers..."Time for service" warning device that will work when I get the right procedures in place for it to turn back on.
Hence all the time I spent learning Solid State is about as useful to a PCI developer when all his pc has is PCI-E busses. So too the ISA standard is today.. probably the most failed electronic connector ever made, but the connector didn't fail, it was just replaced with smaller, lighter, easier to handle connectors with guaranteed orientation pins... and of course, the necessity of the grounding pin on the plug in which wasn't necessary when they made this brilliant work of musical genius and signal performance mastery...

This organ, has about 19 boards in the solid state buss. The buss is about 3 feet long, the three amps on a seperate board to the left and it looks like the power system is accessed in the rear, behind a cardboard cover over everything else....

Originally worth over $4000.00, This is a great organ. If I can get it working. Otherwise it's just parts...

(*steve*)

¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd
Jan 21, 2010
You have been here long enough to know not to post multiple threads.

Status
Not open for further replies.