Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Somebody is using my email address

USMC Jimmy

Nov 1, 2009
So I went to sign up to your fabulous website and I use my email address which I’ve had for about 20 years, it wouldn’t let me continue because it said the email address was associated with an account, which I’ve never signed up again to your fabulous website.

I reset the password logged in and it’s a legit profile of somebody, but I’m not familiar with your Leo I don’t know when the last time he posted was and maybe he would like to recover his account.
Maybe win this website came out you didn’t have to verify account membership by logging into your email, basically how they verify someone now a days.

I highly doubt he’s using my email because I’ve never received an email from this website and I have a pretty complex passwords for all my passwords.

What’s your thoughts guys?

(*steve*)

¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd
Jan 21, 2010
Hi. I'm not sure about the email verification, but I do remember the three posts made earlier from this account and I don't recall they seemed suspicious at the time.

I imagine that it's possible this person entered an incorrect email address (perhaps theirs is 1 letter different?). However the site does send notification messages, and unless these were turned off, you should have received messages notifying you of replied to posts from this account (maybe you did and you ignored them?)

The people who can best answer your question are @Ian and/or @eeadam and/or @eerob

I would recommend that they modify the email address of the existing account so you can join up again using your email address, keeping the two accounts separate (otherwise people may ask you about your father's estate)

dave9

Mar 5, 2017
Looks like that/your account used only posted a couple times in a topic it started in 2009. As an admin that deals with this sort of thing on other sites, I would just consider the account abandoned and say you're free to use it - BUT IT'S NOT MY CALL TO MAKE.

On a related note I've had this happen before, someone signed up to an account (for a different site) using my email address, and was making very controversial posts and getting disturbing forum reply updates sent to my email address.

I did as you did, requested password change, seized control of the account, and proceeded to change his avatar to this: :D:D:D

OTF5JXv.jpg

Last edited:

(*steve*)

¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd
Jan 21, 2010
and proceeded to change his avatar to this

That is disturbing for a number of reasons, no least being that I have some resemblance to the person in the image...