Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Someone please help clicking relay

the bean

Apr 23, 2016
have a Panasonic message chair a relay on the circuit board continuously clicks. Chair not working. Where to start what may be causing the relay to click

dorke

Jun 20, 2015
Start by letting us know the model number.

What makes a relay click?
First thing is to identify it and the function it performs in the circuit.

(*steve*)

¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd
Jan 21, 2010
Maybe the message chair is sending its messages as Morse code?

the bean

Apr 23, 2016
have a Panasonic message chair a relay on the circuit board continuously clicks. Chair not working. Where to start what may be causing the relay to click
Start by letting us know the model number.

What makes a relay click?
First thing is to identify it and the function it performs in the circuit.
The model # EP1015
How do I tell what function it performs. I know not so much about circuit boards almost believe morse code haha

Last edited:

dorke

Jun 20, 2015
The model # EP1015
How do I tell what function it performs. I know not so much about circuit boards almost believe morse code haha
We need to find the service manual or the schematics.
You should tell us the part number identifier of the relay on the board.

the bean

Apr 23, 2016
We need to find the service manual or the schematics.
You should tell us the part number identifier of the relay on the board.
It's one of three relays it's very hard for me to tell any ideas I found a service manual on the web I will try and post the link soon

73's de Edd

Aug 21, 2015

Sir . . . . . . . . bean

Looks like there is absolute minimal info on any control board info that they are wanting you to know in that literature..
But, in looking at the mechanical aspects of its manner of construction, there are absolutely
multi mechanical aspects, able to make noises akin to that of a relay.
If you have tracked it down to a relay, a fingertip sequentially resting atop of each will tell you a lot,
as being compared to ones depending upon aural source differentiation.

73's de Edd

cjdelphi

Oct 26, 2011
Clicking and failing to stay energized makes me think the power supply is failing

the bean

Apr 23, 2016
image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg Here are a few pics of the board. I wish I could tell which one. Is it possible all of them?

dorke

Jun 20, 2015
If I were a betting man I would say it's the smaller one by itself RY503
No need to bet.
Put your finger on the black plastic casing (without touching any thing else) ,
you will feel the clicking one very clearly.

cjdelphi

Oct 26, 2011
Before you removed it, i would simply place my finger on top of each relay until i felt the clicking

Check fet502 and the other transistor (see if you get any shorts)

Maybe, can't tell from the picture but there looks like a bridge rectifier next to the fet502 ? If so check that as well, when powered up you will see AC one side and DC the other, make sure that's working..

the bean

Apr 23, 2016
Before you removed it, i would simply place my finger on top of each relay until i felt the clicking

Check fet502 and the other transistor (see if you get any shorts)

Maybe, can't tell from the picture but there looks like a bridge rectifier next to the fet502 ? If so check that as well, when powered up you will see AC one side and DC the other, make sure that's working..
What color is the rectifier and please explain how to test it. And which one is fe502 and how to test

Minder

Apr 24, 2015
Presuming the relays are DC operated, I look first for the usual diode placed across the coil, it is usually adjacent to the relay, a meter across the diode when the relay is activated will sometimes tell if it is a low voltage problem, or the device operating the relay is turning on/off, relays click or chatter because one of these two reasons.
They show as 5v DC type.
A place to start.
M.

the bean

Apr 23, 2016
Presuming the relays are DC operated, I look first for the usual diode placed across the coil, it is usually adjacent to the relay, a meter across the diode when the relay is activated will sometimes tell if it is a low voltage problem, or the device operating the relay is turning on/off, relays click or chatter because one of these two reasons.
They show as 5v DC type.
A place to start.
M.
Minder here is a picture of the board in question can you please point out which one is a diodeimage.jpeg