Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Sony CDP-CX355 table error belts already changed help please

Petrik11b

May 19, 2018
So I purchased a Sony CDP-CX355 300 Disc changer a couple of weeks ago and have been running into a big problem. When I turn the unit on the table tray goes back and forth about 4-5 times then the “Table Error” lettering comes on the display. I looked up on what it might be so the most common problem was the belts. The belts it came with were ok I guess but I ordered new belts and changed them out anyways and I’m running into the same problem. Does anyone have any idea what this might be and how to repair this? Thank you in advance.

Sgt Daniel Petrik
US Army (Ret.)

kellys_eye

Jun 25, 2010
So I purchased a Sony CDP-CX355 300 Disc changer a couple of weeks ago

There will be some form of 'tray detect' switch that indicates when the tray is at the 'in' position - possibly a simple two-contact lever switch - that may require contact cleaning.

Some pics of the internals would go a long way for us to assist.

Petrik11b

May 19, 2018
I never seen a contact to clean. There is a sensor that can be adjusted or cleaned which I have done as well. I can get pictures of the internals what exactly are you wanting pictures of?

Petrik11b

May 19, 2018
Ok I’ll have that for you this evening. Is it possible to load a video onto this particular discussion or no?

ERP1996

Aug 18, 2020
There will be some form of 'tray detect' switch that indicates when the tray is at the 'in' position - possibly a simple two-contact lever switch - that may require contact cleaning.

Hello! I too am having a problem with my Sony cdp-cx355-changed belts and table error still keeps popping up. Also nothing else works on the machine(knobs , open/close door) ,I would soooo appreciate it if someone could help me to figure this out.

ERP1996

Aug 18, 2020

Do you know where the two contact lever switch is located?i miss my cd player! Boo hoo!

kpatz

Feb 24, 2014
The jukebox style CD changers use some sort of optical sensor to detect the position of the carousel. Check for this, probably underneath the carousel. (Though I own two Sony 400-disc jukeboxes, other than belts I've never had to repair them, so I don't know the exact tech used).

It could be as simple as dust/dirt clogging the sensor, so it can't detect the carousel position. Or it could be a broken wire, bad sensor, or some other component failure.

Sixcubits

Nov 16, 2021
Reset the CD Changer to resolve playback issues:

1. Turn off unit.

2. Press ALL CLEAR or CLEAR button and POWER button at same time, hold both down until ALL CLEAR or ALL ERASE is displayed.

3. Play CD to inform issue is resolved.

Gtv2000

Dec 16, 2023
I had the exact same problem. Turns out it was one of the optical sensors that had failed. Part number rpi-1391. Unfortunately, the only place I found them was on Ali Express. but replacing it solved the problem. You can tell which one is bad by measuring the voltage on the connector pins on the main board while the table is rotating, there are four sensors, one of them will be different. You'll have to refer to the schematic in the service manual available on hifiengine. The way I removed the old one was to use a pair of dikes to destroy it, then I could removed the 5 pins individually.

Good Luck!