Maker Pro
Maker Pro

SONY Convergence Problem

zokka

Mar 9, 2010
Hello,

i have a problem with my rear projection tv. "sony - kp-46s4"
i changed stk 392-040 both chips but it wasn't solved.
also, there is an item that was broken. its symbol is shown below.
but i don't know what it is :( can anyone help me about it.

Attachments

• sembol.jpg
    sembol.jpg
    4.8 KB · Views: 183

Neal

Dec 23, 2009
Fuseable resistor i think, .1 ohm 1/6 watt. You have to find out what made it burn open.

zokka

Mar 9, 2010
hello, i found a fusible resistor, but it is not 1/6 watt, it is 0.1ohm - 1 watt. will any problem occur?
i replace it and convergence problem was solved. everything is ok, but i'm not sure will i have a problem? :confused:

(*steve*)

¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd
Jan 21, 2010
Well, the replacement is rated at six times the power of the original. The fusible link was protecting something, and with the higher rating it probably isn't any more.

If you can measure the voltage drop across that resistor during normal operation it would be useful.

Something less than 0.1 V would be OK (lower is better) Anything higher is probably an indication of an existing fault (certainly anything over about 0.15V would be a danger sign).

zokka

Mar 9, 2010
Well, the replacement is rated at six times the power of the original. The fusible link was protecting something, and with the higher rating it probably isn't any more.

If you can measure the voltage drop across that resistor during normal operation it would be useful.

Something less than 0.1 V would be OK (lower is better) Anything higher is probably an indication of an existing fault (certainly anything over about 0.15V would be a danger sign).

Thank you for warning. I measured all the resistors, they vary of 50mV and 95mV.