Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Sony Dual Cassette tcm-210w1 speed problem

Jimtechnics

Nov 12, 2017
This dual cassette unit is in model HCD-241 . On opening unit I found one belt broken and others worn out. Ordered correct belts, cleaned everything capstans etc. and installed new belts. All selections function but tapes play at high speed (chipmunk speed) like Alvin! I am going to open unit again but without seeing any mechanical faults I am not sure where to start. Should I adjust the pot on the motor? Didn't want to change its position until I am sure its the only option. Any ideas or someone that had this problem, help is appreciated.

Jimtechnics

Nov 12, 2017
This dual cassette unit is in model HCD-241 . On opening unit I found one belt broken and others worn out. Ordered correct belts, cleaned everything capstans etc. and installed new belts. All selections function but tapes play at high speed (chipmunk speed) like Alvin! I am going to open unit again but without seeing any mechanical faults I am not sure where to start. Should I adjust the pot on the motor? Didn't want to change its position until I am sure its the only option. Any ideas or someone that had this problem, help is appreciated.

Jimtechnics

Nov 12, 2017
Update! I had the belts in the wrong positions. Diagram shows them from the front of unit but need to be installed from the rear view. Anyway's another question you may be able to help with is the CD player is always on even without CD selected unless I select tuner and then that is displayed other wise the disc screen is always on with phono or tape playing. Any ideas?